Welcome the T Series

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 0
edited September 2015 in Speakers
We wanted to announce the launch of the T-Series. Get your insider information on T30 center channel and T50 floor standing tower speakers here. Post with any questions you have and we will get back to you soon.

T-Series speakers are perfect for building your first home
theater or stereo listening system, whether you have a small room, or just
want a great value priced speaker for multi-room applications. T-Series
speakers reproduce sound accurately with impressive volume. They’re
solidly built and come in a black wood grain finish. Best of all, simply add a
PSW Series powered subwoofer yourself with real home theater
performance.

All T-Series speakers feature:
• Premium home theater and music performance.
• Polk Audio’s exclusive Dynamic Balance drivers and tweeters for wide
response and low distortion.
• Wide dispersion drivers and tweeters project sound over a wide area so
every listener in a room hears open, “box-less,” three dimensional sound.
• Front mounted bass port for deep, punchy bass.
• High efficiency design allows them to be driven by unpretentious
amplifiers and receivers, revealing that classic Polk sound—open,
spacious and clear.
• 5-way binding posts provide a wide array of secure wire-hookup options.
• Easy Setup - Tower speakers feature integrated stand (no setup required)
and the bookshelf speakers include keyhole slot for quick and easy wall
mounting.
Polk

8arl2r1fy3xs.png
jw4xx5hg2nh1.png
wgcmqdfeidcc.png
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• EndersShadow
    Options
    Where do these sit in Polks lineup? Are they a redo of the older R/T/Monitor series or something new entirely?

Also what are the specs of these frequency wise? And 8, 6 or 4 ohm rated.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    Hi PolkProductNews,

Thanks for taking the time to post about the new line of speakers. Speaking for myself and I believe the forum collective, I/we appreicate you thinking about us.

When will these be available and where?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mrbigbluelight
    Options
    ^^^ Ditto.

Ender, I had a set of Polk 65T speakers that I bought off of Newegg a few years back that were, if I remember correctly, exclusive to Newegg.
    They were a step up from the R (T Euro) series in Fit/Finish and also had integral feet.
    Not really sure about the crossovers, but the -3db point on the low end was rated at 35hz. I'd have to say that was a rather optimistic rating, but that's pretty common everywhere. The mids/highs were top notch for their niche. A number of Newegg commenters had the same viewpoint.
    Along with a PSW505, they were EXCELLENT for HT. I can't fully comment on the musical side of the 65t's as I never really had an opportunity to listen to tunes (heathens around here took full control of the system for their movie/Xbox/PS3 rituals).

Polks used to be seen around here through SiloX/Circuit City/America's Best (?), but now the only B&M locally is Best Buy. Best Buy may have its shortcomings, but at least I've never seen pushed in tweeters like at the other B&M's. Always saw that elsewhere. ALWAYS.

So, good luck Polk. Thanks for thinking of the "little people". :)

Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,578
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    Anyone else see Eosone written all over these? That's all I could think about when I saw the cabinet.

yes

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,981
    Options
    WOW Eosone, just the base, and only after you mention it.

Obviously VERY budget speakers. Would love to see something in between the rtiA and lsiM series...but that's probably not gonna happen.
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hi Everyone. First let me introduce myself. My name is Colton and I am an Associate Brand Manager with Polk. We are excited to introduce the T-Series to the forum and look forward to getting you all more exclusive info as we get ready for future product launches. Here are answers to a few questions posted above:

@EndersShadow The T-Series is an entry level home theater system. The idea is to provide a quality complete system for just under $500. The are entirely new expect for the T15 which has been available via Best Buy for 4 years. The T30 Center and T50 Tower complete the system. The T30 and T50 are rated at 6 ohms and the T15 is 8 ohms.

@F1nut We will be posting more product news to the forum in the future, so keep an eye out for more coming. The T-Series is available on our website now, and Amazon in a few days. Best Buy is receiving their large shipments as we speak. So they will be available there in the near future. The T50 is replacing the Pioneer Andrew Jones tower carried at Best Buy.

@DSkip @pitdogg2 @rooftop59 There is a striking resemble to the Eosone line. Just for your info, the T-Series is built off the TSX Series.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Options
    So where is the "front port" on the tower? In the "back"? You might want to change your product info there!

Also, is that tweeter a 3/4" like it is on the T15?
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @DSkip Good guess. The T30 Center and T50 Tower are both $129.95 each. The T15 is $99.95 for a pair.

@cnh You are right, that is a misprint on the post. Thank you. The tweeter on the T30 and T50 are 1" Wave Guided.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    cnh wrote: »
    So where is the "front port" on the tower? In the "back"? You might want to change your product info there!

Good catch, CNH. I missed that as I was typing on my HP 8730w laptop. Nice big screen, but it sure could use some more brightness.

The "old" Monitor T series did have front ports
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882290271&cm_re=polk_65t-_-82-290-271-_-Product

Polk still offers a Monitor 75t
    http://www.polkaudio.com/monitor-75t/d/1039C3192

Both the "old" and Monitor 75t had/have front ports and "feet", not base plates.

I think Polk may be going to discontinue the 75t by the way its web page works. Click on the "Reviews" stars, and you get a "javascript_void" message.

Looking at the Monitor 75t drivers, etc , they are obviously a pay grade above the older Monitor 65t/70t series, just as the 65t/70t series were a pay grade above the R series.

I'm guessing that the new T series will be a step-up from the R and somewhere around the old T series.
    And, no, the 65t's we bought weren't capable of blowing away anything in the LSiM series, but because the peoples around here insist on eating 3 times a day (I think that should be considered a luxury, not a necessity), you do what you can with what you got. :)

Sal Palooza
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Nice catch CNH, details details. Only in Black too ?

I appreciate them letting us know, but count me in the "lack of enthusiasm" crowd. I see nothing special or ground breaking here. If I didn't know better, I'd say they came up with a new line using the same parts from the other lines they already have on the shelf.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    @tonyb You are correct, the T-Series is only available in black, when in doubt make it black. It's understandable that an entry level line wouldn't catch the eye of most enthusiasts, although the T-Series does keep true to the Polk motto of providing great sound that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,044
    Options
    This is an excellent thread; it's gratifying and encouraging to see not only a new product announcement, but also the back-and-forth "focus group" discussion.

This would be an excellent precedent (hint-hint) :- )

Thank you, Polk Folk, for this.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Yes, I for one like this and love my Polk speaks in general!
    Polks for life!
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    Does the center wallmount as well or just the bookshelves? I'd think in todays market the ability to wallmount the front 3 if not all 5 is a viable option for those who dont want to hide all or as many cables as possible.

I love that my LSiC and the CSi5 I had were wallmountable.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    A friend at work as my if I stop by sometime and help him build a HT set-up but he couldn't spend a lot. These just maybe what he needs!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • tonyb
    Options
    @tonyb You are correct, the T-Series is only available in black, when in doubt make it black. It's understandable that an entry level line wouldn't catch the eye of most enthusiasts, although the T-Series does keep true to the Polk motto of providing great sound that doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

So what sets it apart from the other entry level series ? Does Polk really need another series of this caliber ? Just asking is all, and the Black only.....so 1980's. I'm not saying they have to be LSIM's, but at least throw in an attractive cabinet, different colors, appeals to more people I would imagine. Maybe some different drivers to set it apart from the other series.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Entry level AVR, basic BD player, and 5.1 speakers for under $1k. Sounds like the vast majority of people would find that attractive.

Add 10 feet of cheap speaker wire, and Polk will probably own that market.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    and if Polk stands behind them...
    They should highlight one of their best attributes!
  • adam2434
    Options
    Hmmm, so the tower uses 2 passive radiators rather than a port. Interesting design choice for an entry level speaker.
    5.1 and 2.0 ch Basement Media Room: Outlaw 975/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Rotel RB-1552/Audiosource Amp 3/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage or Dayton IO655 on patio.
    2.1 ch Basement Gym: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2/Chromecast Audio.
    2.0 ch Living Room: Rotel RX-1052/Emotiva DC-1/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED.
    2.0 ch Semi-portable: Klipsch Powergate/NHT SB3/Chromecast Audio.
    Kitchen: Sonos Play5.
  • adam2434
    Options
    From the polk website:
    "We took the DNA from Polk's instant-classic Monitor Series loudspeakers and re-imagined them for today's audio lover. With one 1” silk dome tweeter, one 6.25” extended throw composite driver, and two performance tuned front-firing sub bass radiators"
    5.1 and 2.0 ch Basement Media Room: Outlaw 975/Emotiva DC-1/Rotel RB-1582 MKII/Rotel RB-1552/Audiosource Amp 3/Polk LS90, CS400i, FX500i/Outlaw X-12, LFM-1/JVD DLA-HD250/Da-Lite 100" HCCV/Sony ES BDP/Sonos Connect. DC-1/RB-1582 MKII/Sonos Connect also feed Polk 7C in garage or Dayton IO655 on patio.
    2.1 ch Basement Gym: Denon AVR-2807/Klipsch Forte I or NHT SB2/JBL SUB 550P x 2/Chromecast Audio.
    2.0 ch Living Room: Rotel RX-1052/Emotiva DC-1/Klipsch RF-7 III/Sony ES BDP/LG 65" LED.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    The T50 is replacing the Pioneer Andrew Jones tower carried at Best Buy.

That AJ speaker was surprisingly good for the money, you have some taller shoes to fill there. Kudos though for getting that kind of exposure on the floor of Best Buy.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    We love to see the engagement on this post. Let's see what questions we can answer:

@EndersShadow The T30 Center does not include keyhole slots for wall mounting. There is a back firing bass port, so wall mounting would block the port.

@tonyb The focus of the T-Series is audio quality for the price. The engineers mission was to design the T-Series to be the best sounding speakers in their class. Some quotes from the engineers on what sets it apart acoustically:
    "Sensitivity and impedance- We've taken care to make sure the T-Series will play loud enough and be trouble free when coupled with entry-level receivers and amps."
    "Spectral balance - the driver, tweeter and crossover are carefully tuned to cover the audible range of frequencies as smoothly as possible. The tweeter wave guide helps the tweeter to blend with the mid-bass by aligning the tweeter better in time with the Midbass and allowing the crossover to be in-phase across the spectrum."
    "Spatial presentation - the T-Series is capable of delivering a very immersive listening experience. Much of this is due to the tweeter having nicely controlled dispersion. Having the right dispersion allows for a wider listening area and also adds to the feeling of envelopment."

@DSkip We look forward to you getting a chance to hear the setup. You'll be pleasantly surprised when comparing to the Pioneer set.

@adam2434 A quick engineering note on the bass radiators: In the T50, the cabinet volume, mid-bass motor structure and the sub-bass radiators all conspire to deliver a very solid, satisfying amount of bass. The T-Series also blends well with a good sub-woofer."
  • tonyb
    Options
    I might echo some of Skips concerns, though to be fair, I haven't heard these yet so final judgment is reserved.

The speaker market, especially the lower ranges, has more players than the EU has soccer players. For me, and compared to all the competition out there, this line says nothing to me to make me put Polk on my radar above the others to go check out. More so with the only black color option. Just sayin'....and just my opinion obviously.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    Agree with Tony on black color only option. I know most people prefer them, but I prefer wood veneer.

Hopefully I can get to the local BB and do a side by side with the AJs. Slightly biased, non-audiophile ear, who's system is geared more towards HT seems to be the demographic Polk is looking for.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    "Slightly biased, non-audiophile ear"
    Did someone call?
    I don't know where I would use these but it will be fun to check them out.
  • adam2434
    Options
    If these are truly worthy competitors to the Pioneer AJ series, Polk needs some online reviews/shootouts to create the type of buzz that the Pioneer AJ series received.
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Bass passive radiators a nod to Polk Monitor, classics? That would be a nice retro move with newer tech? And if they really compete with the AJs that would be good. The AJ towers were good, but the real players were the bookies!

Also, there are a LOT of great tweeters out there. Both F1nut and I have used VIFAs (evidently, now, Tymphany) in bookies to great success. It would seem to me that Polk should design around one of those, good imaging and detail, and not terribly expensive? Although to be fair, I have not heard the tweeters in the newer towers, that's why I asked if they were just T15 tweeter, which are OK but nothing special. Fortunately the towers have something new in them (1" soft domes).
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • adam2434
    Options
    Regarding comparisons to the Pioneer AJs…the T15 have been out 4 years, so if consensus is that they are as good or better than the AJ bookshelf, the word would be out already.

Do the T30 and T50 (different tweeter than T15) have a significantly better sound/design vs. the T15?

If not, then why would we expect them to be as good or better than the AJs.

If so, then the T15 should be updated to the T30/T50 standard, so that the T15 bookshelf model matches the sound/quality of the center and floorstander. At a minimum, the T15 should use the same tweeter as the rest of the series.
  • felipe
    felipe Posts: 423
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    The T50 is replacing the Pioneer Andrew Jones tower carried at Best Buy.

That AJ speaker was surprisingly good for the money, you have some taller shoes to fill there. Kudos though for getting that kind of exposure on the floor of Best Buy.

+1 on that. Having owned the Aj Pio series set, they will be terribly difficult to best in the price range. However, the new T-series look quite nice IMO.

My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV

• felipe
    felipe Posts: 423
    Options
    Having owned the AJ Pios, they will be terribly difficult to best in the price range.

Curious, but as far as the Polk line-up, would the new T-series be considered "below" the discontinued TSI line??
    My Setup: Denon AVR X3600h, Polk Signature S50 Fronts w/ S30 Center and S15 Rears, LG UBK90 4K Player, TCL 6-Series 65”4k TV