Music awards

Options
Anybody watch the VMA's the other night ? Normally I try to watch some just to stay abreast of the newer artists/music, but this time.....I felt my I.Q. dwindling the longer I watched. What a joke this has turned into, and that's being nice.
HT SYSTEM-
Sony 850c 4k
Pioneer elite vhx 21
Sony 4k BRP
SVS SB-2000
Polk Sig. 20's
Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
Grant Fidelity tube dac
B&k 1420
lsi 9's

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    No thanks.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,329
    Options
    It's turned into a total popularity contest, IMHO. The lack of actual musical TALENT in the acclaimed acts is both staggering and disheartening...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »
    It's turned into a total popularity contest, IMHO. The lack of actual musical TALENT in the acclaimed acts is both staggering and disheartening...

.....and even that's being generous. Talent is no longer a requirement. It's morphed into an X-rated Vegas show.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    Anyone see how FAT Kim K is with her loser of a husband.....Kanye for Pres in 2020.....
    I love how all artists (or lack of a better term) use these awards as a public forum to spew their useless garble about their political and/or moral stances. NOBODY CARES!!!!

i-dont-want-to-live-on-this-planet-anymore.jpg
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    daddyjt wrote: »

Popularity.......not with this guy.
    whatever the he77 it is that they think they are doing well, they should re-evaluate and go back to McDonald's. Garbage.....
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • Msabot1
    Msabot1 Posts: 2,098
    Options
    Award for what???
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    It's just a publicity event with manufactured conflicts between the participants. None of these folks has anything to say to me musically.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Nope, I had to wash my hair and I'm darn near bald....
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    My body's time clock is shifted around lately, so I was up late the other night and saw that Charter was rebroadcasting the VMA Awards about 2 am.
    I thought, "Oh, what the heck, let's have a peek".
    After about 10 minutes, I thought, "Oh what the **** !" and surfed over to an infomercial for Nutribullet.

When Miley referred to her parents sitting out in the audience, and the cameras zoomed in on Billy Bob & Mrs. Billy Bob sitting there, all smiling and happy and gleeful, I kind of wondered what was going through their minds.

Miley Cyrus actually does have a degree of talent (outside of twerking, etc). But you'd be hard pressed to see/hear it after her "nanagement" conpany grinds her through the typical autotune/Hoors R Us cookie cutter good enough for now, let's make some money industry machine.

The "performers" could have stayed hone and watched the show on cable. No need for then to be there, the whole show was in the can.
    Although the VMA has learned something, I guess, from the WWE regarding "entertainment" packaging. One female "performer" (Niki Minaj ?" calling out Miley Cyrus about a "dis" Miley had done did to Niki a week ago on twitter.
    OMG ! Ooooooooooh !!
    Yep, maybe next year we'll have the Undertaker cone out as a bodyguard for Miley while Niki has The Big Show protect her, and then Owen Hart can be lowered fron the rafters !! Mayhem for one and all !! Woooo-hooooo !

BTW, that Nutribullet thing looks pretty cool.
    Sal Palooza
  • Timothy Smith
    Options
    It looked like a scumbag attention-**** mutual admiration society meeting.
    Norh ACA-2B tube pre, Sumo Andromeda SS amp. Magneplanar MMG speakers, M&K MX1250 Subwoofer, Pro-Ject RM1.3 Genie TT with Sumiko Pearl MM cart., Keces DAC, Cambridge Audio Azur 640c CD player
  • ukcolin99
    Options
    Keeping abreast about sums....
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    You guys forgot about knuckleheads announcement to run for president in 2020....and the crowd cheering that. Heaven help us.....

Most the people were simply trying to out do the others for attention. A trait normally associated with children and the mentally handicapped. In this case, possibly both.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,063
    Options
    I'm sure my dad said the same thing when I was watching Guns & Roses, Poison, etc. in the late 80's and early 90's, but this show seems to epitomize the moral decline of society.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    You guys forgot about knuckleheads announcement to run for president in 2020....and the crowd cheering that. Heaven help us.....

Most the people were simply trying to out do the others for attention. A trait normally associated with children and the mentally handicapped. In this case, possibly both.

I figure he'll get between 40 and 45 votes. He and the wife have about 40 people working for them, so that's 40. Kim's family, and Kanya will produce between 0 and 5 additional votes.