Just put my iPhone thru the wash . . .Any hope? dry-out process? TY

Options
That's it . . . I'm guessing the Pooch Screwed Me!

AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampizator Baltic 4 DAC
Pre Cary SLP-05
Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
Mains Salk HT2-TL
Rythmik F12

Comments

• GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,094
    Options
    edit feature would be nice . . . Any who, totally drenched for at least 40 minutes
    TOAST, i'm sure . . . oh, well
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,078
    Options
    Yeah throw it in a big box of Uncle Bens, but after going through the wash and rinse cycle I don't think 50 lbs of rice will help, you got insurance on it?
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • GlennDog
    Options
    oh . . k

i'll try it . . . ty
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,625
    Options
    My old 4s was submerged through out. Totally water logged, dropped in a pool and nobody noticed for a bit...

Either way, put it in rice for a while. Charged it back up and it turned back on!

It acted funny for about 20 minutes. I power cycled it a few times and it started to act normal. For a while, it would not let out audible notifications (txt, email, ringing). After about a week that started to work again as well.

If you have an old phone (like I did), activate it and give your iPhone some serious drying time, you might be amazed.

Or it might be a brick, lol.
  • breal74
    breal74 Posts: 324
    Options
    I have used silica gel in the past with great success. I wrapped the phone in cloth to keep the silica beads from getting in any jacks and shoved it in jar of silica gel I bought at a craft store. It was dry and working as normal in a day.
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    For starters, DO NOT even attempt to power it up until it is COMPLETELY dry. I mean dry to the touch, dry in the rice, silica beads and gel. Then, hit it with a blow drier and let it sit longer with good ventilation and then, finally, try to power it up.

Good luck!

Check your coverage policy...some cover full submersion, some cover wet from splashes and others don't cover any liquid damage.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,346
    Options
    If you or someone you know has a vacuum sealer, use that to seal it in with about a pound of rice. The vacuum will help draw the moisture out. It should be fine in 3 days or so. Protect the screen with a folded paper towel prior to sealing.

Good luck!!
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    I did this once. The fabric softener turned all my
    MP3's into Barry Manilow. :/
    Good luck and I'm glad you posted as the fixes are interesting.
  • GlennDog
    Options
    I rarely do this kind of "stooopid" stuff, but last night I came home from being inside moldy house, felt gross and peeled off my cloths, jumped in the shower to scrub that crap off.
    Without thinking thru the clothes into the wash, nuff said . . .

The 6S is not coming back to life on my watch . . .

luckily, I ponied-up the insurance plan . . . A-Buck 75 and I get a replacement on Monday. Phones are too-damn expensive!!

THANKS for the help gents!!

btw, that regenerator's gonna be mine next week!
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    Options
    A funny, albeit non-politically correct joke about this situation goes: "Put your phone in rice, the rice will attract some Asians. The Asians will then fix your phone for you." FWIW, there are outfits that will waterproof smartphones for you. http://www.cnet.com/news/want-a-better-way-to-waterproof-a-phone-try-nanocoating/
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,084
    Options

Quart ziplock with a cup of rice. for a couple days. Change out the rice. for another couple days. I just did a iPod Classic and it works fine.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • GlennDog
    Options
    xjghost wrote: »
    Quart ziplock with a cup of rice. for a couple days. Change out the rice. for another couple days. I just did a iPod Classic and it works fine.

I could not wait. 12 hours without a phone lost me business
    I appreciate all the suggestions. However, the phone is for work and I've cut the cable (no land line). This is why going cellular (all the way) can have some major drawbacks.

The manager at T-mobile hooked me up and the worst that can happen is that I pay my 175 deductible and get a new phone under warranty plane or (if somehow, and I don't know, so don't ask) the store manager will give me a "warranty exchange" if Apple cannot detect any "water damage" . . . Im going to Apple store next week
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • Upstatemax
    Upstatemax Posts: 2,625
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »

I appreciate all the suggestions. However, the phone is for work and I've cut the cable (no land line). This is why going cellular (all the way) can have some major drawbacks.

The manager at T-mobile hooked me up and the worst that can happen is that I pay my 175 deductible and get a new phone under warranty plane or (if somehow, and I don't know, so don't ask) the store manager will give me a "warranty exchange" if Apple cannot detect any "water damage" . . . Im going to Apple store next week

Apple will detect the water damage...

There are little bands in the phone that turn red once exposed to water.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »

That's the danger of going land line free. The whole idea though is to push people to go land line free because that adds value to the phone.....and if a phone is that valuable to you, you'll pay for it.

Was looking at the newer Galaxy Edge....800 bucks for a phone ? Not this cowboy, but if one fell off a truck I might consider it.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable