Paradigm Studio CC V.2 Center Channel

Options
scubalab
scubalab Posts: 3,101
edited July 2015 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Not exactly sure where to price this since I got it in a big package deal about a year ago. Looks like there are 4 or 5 on ebay right now averaging around $240 - $250 plus shipping. Sold auctions look like they are getting similar prices. I'm going to list this locally for $225.

SO, How does a Polk Price of $200.00 shipped CONUS (bullet-proof packing) or $175.00 local pickup sound? If that pricing is out of line, please let me know via PM. Prefer Paypal gift, but if for any reason that scares you, I guess I'll cover the fees too. :|

I'm not sure how to rate the condition. Two things jump out at me... First, it's missing the stock jumpers. That shouldn't be a big deal since most around here prefer to use their own cable jumpers. The second thing just makes me mad. It was stored since I picked it up and it looks like our cat pulled the fabric on the front grill cover. See photo. It's just along the top, and not that bad (no holes or tears, just pulls), but I'm very particular about keeping things pristine. Side fabric panels were spared! So, aside from the front fabric and the missing stock jumpers, it is in absolute perfect condition.

This is a beast of a center. I was thinking of swapping my Boston Acoustic VR series speakers in my theater with Paradigm Studios (V.2), but just can't justify it at the time, so this should go to someone who can use it.

Thanks for looking! Any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Oh... check out the attempted photo-bomb by my daughter in the last pic. I just noticed that! :p

-Al

8kc0qdytsr1g.jpg
8wlnzjb71zwc.jpg
c3zeof90f3d4.jpg
pnzvtexmbxx4.jpg
s0t1dwkaov4p.jpg
11560y4x9kf8.jpg
z6kdg1ynsapz.jpg

Comments

• scubalab
    Options
    How 'bout a Monday morning bump. Open to reasonable offers...
  • scubalab
    Options
    Maybe I'm priced a bit high. How about $175 shipped CONUS or $150 local pickup!

It's quite a center for $150...

Thanks - Al
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    I can't believe it hasn't been snatched up yet, even when you had it priced locally for $175.00 . Come folks, this is a bargain! GLWTS :)
  • scubalab
    Options
    Thanks for the bump Polkie! I wasn't sure if I was out of line with the price, or if it's just that the FS section has been very slow lately. I'm not trying to make money on this, so someone jump on this deal. It's too nice of a center to be sitting idle. I'm sure someone can put it to good use!
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,973
    Options
    It looks like a great center for a great price. Only issue is you need marching speakers! So it might take a bit to sell on a polk forum. Sometimes u gotta be patient.

GLWS!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • jhw59
    jhw59 Posts: 348
    Options
    where are you located?
  • scubalab
    Options
    jhw - I'm smack dab in the middle of PA - near State College. I'll be heading to Scranton this weekend, and my wife has family in Mercer (about an hour north of Pittsburgh). I also get to Harrisburg quite frequently for work if any of those regions help... :)

Paul, yeah, I figured I'd need to be patient selling a Paradigm center on this forum. I do also have it listed on CL for a lot more, but that's been very slow lately too (Summer's here and all the Penn Staters are gone). I'm not in any extreme hurry, just trying to thin some things out ...and maybe fund a sub purchase...!
  • scubalab
    Options
    Bump - still have this. Need to sell to 'replenish' the funds I used for the new-to-me SVS sub I picked up this weekend.

Open to offers, hopefully REAL close to reduced asking price. B)
  • scubalab
    Options
    Bump!

Trying to move this... it's taking up space and is BEGGING to get some use! This was from Paradigm's Reference lineup. Was originally in the $500 range.

Can't go much lower, but let's try $140 local pickup in Central PA or $165 shipped CONUS.
  • scubalab
    Options
    Welcome to the weekend bump.

This is a nice beefy center!
  • scubalab
    Options
    Let's try one more bump. As reluctant as I am, I think I'm going to try ebay next week. Need to move this and replenish some funds for vacation.
  • scubalab
    Options
    Final bump.

Going dust off my eBay account and give that a shot next week... :(
  • scubalab
    Options
    OK, I never got this up on eBay. How about another bump. Have some nibbles locally, but nothing in stone yet. Great price here at $140 Local Pickup or $165 shipped CONUS.
  • scubalab
    Options
    This is still around. Really want it to get the use it deserves.

How about $120 local pickup or $145 shipped CONUS?
  • scubalab
    Options
    OK, trying to fund our vacation in November and need to sell some things. I've turned down several local offers at $100, but willing to sell to a Polkie for that price at this point. Last price drop, otherwise, it's probably best to just keep for a backup!

$100 Local pickup or $130 shipped CONUS.

Surely someone wants to give Paradigm a try for that price... :)
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Dude, just Ebay or Audiogon it and be done.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • scubalab
    Options
    Cathy... call me lazy, but I just hate selling on ebay anymore with the ridiculous fees (the fact that final value includes the shipping cost), and I'm not on Audiogon. I'm not desperate to sell, just have no need for it right now, and the extra cash would be nice.

I just relisted on CL and will probably take the next offer of $100 or more. Wanted to put it out here at that price first. It's a lot of center for $100, but yeah, I realize that selling only a center (even at this price) is going to be a tough sale... Especially one that's an off brand of this forum!

Honestly no biggie if it doesn't sell. I hear ya though... someday, I'll probably throw it on Ebay and see what happens.
  • Polkie2009
    Options
    Tried to pm you scuba, for some reason unable to pull up message box. Do you have me on ignore possibly or some other setting?
  • scubalab
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Polkie - I don't think I have anyone on the ignore list (unless I did something inadvertently...) I know you and I have PM'ed each other in the past... I just sent you a PM that hopefully you can respond to.

Thanks - Al
  • Polkie2009
    Options
    Pm sent, Paypal sent, thanks Scuba, I know you've been wanting to move this for some time now.
  • scubalab
    Options
    PM received, paypal received!

Please mark this as sold.

Polkie - thanks so much for the kind words and support during this sale. Hope this helps you on your way to a nice Canadian HT setup!!

-Al
  • Polkie2009
    Options
    Appreciate it Scuba, hoping someday I'll have a Studio 100 setup :)
  • scubalab
    Options
    Karl - Shipped today. You should have it next Monday at the latest. I PM'ed you the tracking information.

Thanks again for being so supportive and such a great buyer.

Please let me know when it arrives and how you like it.

Take care,
    -Al