1.2's

kelley
kelley Posts: 287
edited August 2004 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Not too bad of a deal for the starting price but it would have to be somebody close enough to verify with 0 feedback.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=23794&item=3744521656&rd=1
SDS-400, SDA-1B, SVS 20-39pc+, B&K Ref 50, Denon 2900
Post edited by kelley on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited August 2004
    Yeah, ok....

"These speakers are not sold in stores. Used for reference to all other Polk speakers in factory. These particular speakers are brand new and have never been used."

I call the bullsh*t flag!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited August 2004
    Hey F1, you'll need another one of those flags for the 1000 watt Adcom GFA-555 amp that comes with the speakers.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited August 2004
    What? Are you saying this is one of those "too good to be true" deals?

Don't you want to help a zero feedback seller establish his eBay trading history?

I'll take the amp.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2004
    That auction definetly requires pick-up only :) If I felt like driving to Tennesee that is...ugh
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited August 2004
    Maybe the seller should stop indulging in all that liquor he has stocked on top the refridge. Must have been a little tipsy at the time of posting.

Got himself a little bar going on the 'fridge! :D

Strong Bad
    No excuses!
  • DarqueKnight
    edited August 2004
    This is definitely a great deal on a nice amplifier/preamp combo. The speakers are nice too. :)

Memphis is only a 6 hour drive from me, but something about this strikes me as a little bit odd. Maybe it's the bit about everything being "brand new" and "never been used". The fact that the seller has not responded to any of my questions does not help either. Maybe he's just busy.
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2004
    He's drunk.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited August 2004
    Yeah, I thought that too, but I didn't want to say it. Maybe the speakers and amps have never been used because they really don't exist. Maybe this is all just a figment of some drunken imagination.;)
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited August 2004
    Those are awfully close...

HMM

Can't say that no one in this humble abode isnt interested, nor can I say that that person who is interested dosnt have friends that are interested too...

Could there be another 1.2 coming this way? @_@

Who knows folks...
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2004
    Whether it's a scam or not I say someone else should grab it before MX gets his hands on it! :D
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • VR3
    edited August 2004
    My Dad's friend is looking at it, not nessicarily my Dad...

Pretty good deal if it is true for all thats with it, if the price dosn't go out the window....
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited August 2004
    Originally posted by Vr3MxStyler2k3
    Those are awfully close...

HMM

650 miles from Concord NC
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2004
    Originally posted by DarqueKnight
    Yeah, I thought that too, but I didn't want to say it. Maybe the speakers and amps have never been used because they really don't exist. Maybe this is all just a figment of some drunken imagination.;)

Drop me a line.
  • VR3
    edited August 2004
    650 miles from Concord NC

---- Yeah, not exactly a hop and a skip! But, this is the crazy people that drove to New York City to hear speakers and buy nothing

All I know is, I won't be in the vehicle going to get them, and that is all that matters.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited August 2004
    I received five pictures from the seller this evening:

1. The fronts of the Adcom amp and preamp.
    2. The backs of the Adcom amp and preamp.
    3. The back of right speaker showing the binding post and the serial number label.
    4. A closeup of the top right front of one of the grilles showing the SRS badge.
    5. The front of one of the speakers with the grille off.

The seller only sent pictures and did not answer any of my questions:

1. Are you the original owner of these speakers?
    2. What is the age of the speakers?
    3. Do you have the SDA interconnect cable that connects the speakers?
    4. Your ad mentions that the speakers and amps have never been used. I am curious as to why.
  • dorokusai
    edited August 2004
    He has answered none of my questions as well.
  • screename
    screename Posts: 321
    edited August 2004
    I wrote this guy too, just to see what the story was with these. I got the aforementioned pictures as well. A few emails later this is what I was told about the history of these:

My uncle bought these speakers about 9 years and then
    they were stolen. Polk replaced the stolen speakers
    with brand new speakers that he never even took out of
    the box. I inherited these speakers, still in the
    boxes and twine, about 1 month ago. I took them out of
    the boxes once to insure they worked and for pictures.
    The cost to ship would probably be around 150-200
    dollars due to their massive size.

Other than being very confused about the cost to to ship, I noticed that there seems to be some oxidation on the surrounds. Zoom in on his pics and you will see what I mean. Best of luck to whoever ends up with them, they would probably clean up very nice.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited August 2004
    That's going to leave a mark! :eek:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2004
    Why would Polk replace a pair of stolen speakers?? I mean, Polk's CS is second to none but that is a stretch. :rolleyes:

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited August 2004
    ahem...ahem...

****!!!

excuse me...
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2004
    I say let Sid's old man bid 'em up......

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut