Polyswitches Replaced

ISLANDREAMER
ISLANDREAMER Posts: 15
edited August 2004 in Vintage Speakers
Folks,
I got the polyswitches from Ken Swauger and did replace all four on my SDA-2's. The Dimensional & Stereo H.F.'s on one baffle works fine but the Dimensional H.F. on the other one is still not throwing any high's.
Will it cause any damage if I parallel this Dimensional H.F. to the Stereo H.F. which is right beside it?:(
Post edited by ISLANDREAMER on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,707
    edited August 2004
    Bad idea.

Have you swapped the tweeters around? Checked the wiring in the cabinet?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ISLANDREAMER
    edited August 2004
    Thanks for the tip F1 Nut. I did swap the tweeters and checked the wiring. I am suspecting that the crossover needs a professional look. Do you know if Polk Audio will still work on these for a fee?:confused:
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    edited August 2004
    You can send the crossover back to Polk for repair. They might also have an Asian repair/service facility that is closer to you. Contact Ken Swauger at polkcs@polkaudio.com to make arrangements.

You might get a faster response from Ken if you posted your question in the "Troubleshooting" forum.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • ISLANDREAMER
    edited August 2004
    I sent Ken an email and we'll see what he says. Thanks for the tip.