Private Messaging from a phone

Has anyone figured out how to do this yet? The message button found on a profile page magically disappears on the phone. When I go through the "New Message" feature from the inbox page, it never lets me actually select who I want to send it to. I can type the name perfectly, but once I go to a new box, it disappears.

This is the one thing about the forum that really irks me and I wish it would get fixed.

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,180
    I've done that at times, but it screws everything up then. They built this to work for the phone. I shouldn't have to convert to the desktop version to do something that is a major function of the software.
    Yeah, I can actually get to a new message screen, but the recipient never saves, so I can't send PM's. The function is there, but its bugged.
  • DarqueKnightDarqueKnight Posts: 6,601
    Skip,

I just sent you a PM from my Android phone using the mobile version of the forum.
    "So hot it burns Mice!"~DK
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member
    "Knowledge, without understanding, is a path to failure."~DK
    "Those who irrationally rail against something or someone that is no threat to them, actually desire (or desire to be like) the thing or person they are railing against."~DK
    So apparently starting a PM with an android phone works, but with an iphone doesn't. 0 for 2 with iphones, 1 for 1 with androids.
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,437
    edited July 2015
    Worked for me. Chrome on Android 5.0.2
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,897
    Once again the cry rings out.......Bring back vBulletin!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mikeyb128mikeyb128 Posts: 2,887
    Works for me on iPhone. Took me a while to figure out. Click message box bottom left. Click new messages on top right. You then have to type in... As an example DSkip, it gives you a list of recipients with a similar name. It is then followed by an "X" to add additional recipients if required. And then send your message! Works fine on iPhone six with latest firmware.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• vmaxervmaxer Posts: 4,460
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    Works for me on iPhone. Took me a while to figure out. Click message box bottom left. Click new messages on top right. You then have to type in... As an example DSkip, it gives you a list of recipients with a similar name. It is then followed by an "X" to add additional recipients if required. And then send your message! Works fine on iPhone six with latest firmware.

That works on my iPhone 6 as well??
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,717
    edited July 2015
    Guys, the trick is to hit the comma key after a name. So if I just enter DSkip the list applet never appears, when I enter "DSkip," the applet never fully appears to allow me to select names but I can at least get an IM to a single person if I know their name
    Thanks Danny. That works. Bad design though.