quicksilvergts Posts: 274
edited June 2015 in Speakers
Good evening everybody!
I was just curious if anybody on here own
any of the Prime speakers. Preferable
tower/bookshelf.

I am super content with my current setup
but have the itch and have
always had a eye on the Ultra line (even though to much for me atm). If any of you own or heard them what are your thought, pros/come and what was or your current setup to compare the Prime series? Basically are they comparable to the Rti/a line(excluding Rti12/a9)?
Thanks!!
Polk Lsi9
Polk LsiC
Polk Fxi3
Pioneer SC-1222
Parasound 1200 II w/ Kimber Kable HERO + 4TC
SVS PB12-NSD (Bash)
PS4
Sharp Aquos 55"

"If your BOLD enough to try it,
your BOLD enough to make it happen"

Comments

• Ron Temple
    Ron Temple Posts: 3,212
    Options
    Only way you're going to get any idea is to find someone local that can give you a demo. SVS and I have dealt with each other in business and while they've grown and changed since...they still exhibit quality for $$$. I believe Ed's still there...if you can get him on the line...he'll be totally honest with you.

Combo rig:

Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
    SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,658
    Options
    I've not heard them but the reviews are good. Nothing to lose with their 45 day in home trial and free shipping both ways...
  • quicksilvergts
    Options
    Sorry guys, been crazy busy at work and addicted to BF4 all over again lol.

Thanks for the help,
    Ron- I believe I talked to Brad at SVS. He was extremely helpful but came up empty handed on a similar comparison to the Rti10/a7. Could only really compare specs. Basically wondering if the prime series would be comparable to the Rtia line or in between Rtia/lsim.
    I think my biggest problem is not able to purchase them without selling my front stage to use those funds towards the purchase. The bill of rights is fantastic. The immediate funds are not, especially the wife being like WTF another set of speakers.

Ken- that is what I am going off of (reviews)
    EVERYWHERE I look the are praised. What intrigues me is how most say "disappear" and imaging is fantastic. Music wise is there con, which is fine because similar to my Rti10 they are HT focused not music focused. I mean no doubt they are awesome for music but by design HT is their strong suit. Which is exactly how my listening habits are 80% movie/game 20% music.

Cheers!!!
    Polk Lsi9
    Polk LsiC
    Polk Fxi3
    Pioneer SC-1222
    Parasound 1200 II w/ Kimber Kable HERO + 4TC
    SVS PB12-NSD (Bash)
    PS4
    Sharp Aquos 55"

"If your BOLD enough to try it,
    your BOLD enough to make it happen"
  • Ron Temple
    Ron Temple Posts: 3,212
    Options
    Ask for Ed Mullen...he's familiar with Polk...used to review subs professionally before SVS and used to post here under the handle of Doc Spec...he could have moved on, I suppose, but he has high up the chain over there.

Combo rig:

Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
    SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE