Hi folks...been a long time

Options
Just stopped by and am thinking of hanging again. I see some old familiar names...good to see you all again. 2014 was a tough year...had both hips collapse, had to get healthy enough for replacements and spent most of the year in pain and on a walker. Couldn't sit in a chair or listen to my rig. I'm mostly bionic now and feeling great. I moved to Paradise, CA...beautiful place in the Redwoods 3 hours north of the Bay Area. Been hear 3 weeks and finally put it all together yesterday...man I missed it. SDA heaven...loud concerts and HT. My new neighbors are probably thrilled.

Haven't been keeping up on all things Polk or audio...so I'm sure I'll have to start slow...

Good to be back.

Combo rig:

Onkyo NR1007 pre-pro, Carver TFM 45(fronts), Carver TFM 35 (surrounds)
SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
PB13Ultra RO
BW Silvers
Oppo BDP-83SE

Comments

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,987
    Options
    Glad to hear you're feeling better...man, the redwoods of northern California. Sounds beautiful! Coincidentally I am writing a paper on the new planet of the apes movies where they apes set up camp in those redwoods. Look out!!!
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Ron Temple
    Ron Temple Posts: 3,212
    Options
    Thanks guys...tell me about it...woke up last night hearing some deep vicious growling and alot of distressed chirpping...don't know what animals were involved, but it wasn't a dog...my cat was freaked...he's a city cat...a stray that adopted me. He's very careful going outside...lol.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    Options
    Hi Ron, good to hear from you and glad you're mobile again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Ron Temple
    Options
    Missed ur sarcastic assholiness...F1...or have you mellowed?

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • Erik Tracy
    Erik Tracy Posts: 4,673
    Options
    Nice to hear you are doing better and may be hanging out for a bit.

H9: If you don't trust what you are hearing, then maybe you need to be less invested in a hobby which all the pleasure comes from listening to music.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    Ron Temple wrote: »

Ha....you know better than to ask that question. Welcome back Ron. So what...now your the 6 million dollar man ? .....or the Terminator ? lol. Glad to see ya again and healthy.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Ron Temple
    Options
    tony, when you get up in age things fall apart...but, new hips are easy, almost painless once it's done and you're stronger than before (if you exercise). I lost 50lbs prior to the surgery...lookin like a handsome 50...hah. What I missed and couldn't keep up with was my online persona...might not be as famous as F1, but I held my own as a sarcastic SOB on several...lol.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,908
    Options
    I hear ya bro, and believe me, I'm up in age myself. No major medical conditions yet so counting my blessings there.

Both hips though, doesn't sound painless to me. You can do the 50 yard dash now in under 5 seconds ? I can....only if there's a Brisket at the other end....being held by Kate Upton of course. I'm at the age where I don't know which I'd tackle first.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Ron Temple
    Options
    Probably the brisket...Kate's been puttin on a few...is Luke still around? Good to seeya Eric...Jesse has always been a cool cat...luv how he roasts noobs. lol

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,851
    Options

Well ya know, I like Ken S., so I try not to upset him too much.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• WagnerRC
    WagnerRC Posts: 2,139
    Options
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,882
    Options
    Welcome back! Glad things are getting better for you.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Welcome back Ron, glad you are feeling better.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,658
    Options
    Glad to have you back! From Animal House... "We need the dudes ". :)
  • Ron Temple
    Options
    Keiko...you had a tough experience?...mine were easy peasy...was walking 2-3 miles within 10 days of the 2nd one...7 weeks after the first.

Everyone else...thanks much...I'll stay on cuz it's always fun...but, I'm so out of touch...

Jesse, you have mellowed. lol.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    Didn't know you from before as I'm a relative noobie, but Welcome back Ron!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • vc69
    vc69 Posts: 2,500
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Welcome back, Ron. Hope this is a better year for you!
    -Kevin
    HT: Philips 52PFL7432D 52" LCD 1080p / Onkyo TX-SR 606 / Oppo BDP-83 SE / Comcast cable. (all HDMI)B&W 801 - Front, Polk CS350 LS - Center, Polk LS90 - Rear
    2 Channel:
    Oppo BDP-83 SE
    Squeezebox Touch
    Muscial Fidelity M1 DAC
    VTL 2.5
    McIntosh 2205 (refurbed)
    B&W 801's
    Transparent IC's
  • Ron Temple
    Options
    It's going super so far...except the bulb on my old DLP went the other night, lol.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Just stopped by and am thinking of hanging again. I see some old familiar names...good to see you all again. 2014 was a tough year...had both hips collapse, had to get healthy enough for replacements and spent most of the year in pain and on a walker. Couldn't sit in a chair or listen to my rig. I'm mostly bionic now and feeling great. I moved to Paradise, CA...beautiful place in the Redwoods 3 hours north of the Bay Area. Been hear 3 weeks and finally put it all together yesterday...man I missed it. SDA heaven...loud concerts and HT. My new neighbors are probably thrilled.

Haven't been keeping up on all things Polk or audio...so I'm sure I'll have to start slow...

Good to be back.

Please hang out again, best wishes for you.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
    Options
    @Ron Temple

Glad to see you back man!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • Ron Temple
    Options
    I've got a big place just for me and the cat...2500 sqft...living room opens up to a huge area, so not ideal for SDAs, but I have to say, they sound wonderful...rig sounds awesome. My neighbors may eventually complain cuz it's very quiet in Paradise. I've gone outside, probably everyone within a half mile can hear. I'm used to an urban environment where there's lots of noise to mask the sounds I make. Can't even ****.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,126
    Options
    Welcome back sir. And yes, Jesse is still his old(very old) sarcastic self. He a ually is so good at it now that it takes me a few reads to spot it. :D
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Welcome back Ron, good to see you posting again sir!
  • Ron Temple
    Options
    I've seen a couple of topics that I thought I'd chime in on...but abstained as repetitive or I'm now too ignorant. Haven't kept up. However, that's never stopped me before so...I'll be putting my $.02 in somewhere.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE
  • sandworms
    sandworms Posts: 1,043
    Options
    Hey Ron! listen up fellas, this is one of the most influential guys in my early stages of this addiction, and he's the one I thank for teaching me so much about good sound. Good to hear your back
    Samsung pn64f8500
    Sonus faber venere 2.5
    Sf venere center
    Oppo 105d
    Squeezebox touch
    Parasound hca1500a
    Apc power filter
    Audioquest cables asst
    Polk rtia3 SB
    Polk fxia6 sl,sr
    Dual hsu vtf3 mk3

• Ron Temple
    Options
    Hey sand, don't know why I'd influence anybody...I've stayed static for years, but kind words are appreciated.

Combo rig:

SDA 1C, CS400i, SDA 2B
    PB13Ultra RO
    BW Silvers
    Oppo BDP-83SE