Speaker Cables - Zu Audio Mission & Cobalt Audio

Options
ecod123
ecod123 Posts: 379
edited June 2015 in For Sale (FS) Classifieds
Cobalt Audio Speaker Cables

5 ft (locking banana terminations)

COBALT cables are 10AWG stranded copper. High quality locking banana termination. Well regarded cables. Chosen as the top performer in Audioholic no-hold-barred Speaker Cable shoot-out. The lowest inductance, top 2 for frequency response measurements and the best for build quality and looks, of all the cables tested in the shoot-out.
"The Cobalt Cables measured the lowest inductance out of all the cables in this comparison...
The Stealth Premier 2 and Cobalt cables had the highest performance in this comparison. However, special care must be taken to ensure closely spacing of the (+) and (-) conductors of the Stealth Premier 2 to achieve comparable performance to the Cobalt Cables...
From a build quality and cosmetics stand point, the Cobalt cables were our top preference...
With that in mind, our top three choices in order of preference were:

1. Cobalt Cables
..."
http://www.audioholics.com/gadget-reviews/speaker-cable-face-off-1

Good sounding. Excellent built quality. Heavy (over 3 lbs). The locking bananas are well designed and easy to use. Used with some signs of usage. I have 2 pairs, keeping one pair.

New Retail: $199
$75 shipped CONUS with (Paypal F&F or add 3%)

as89yq1aa6h2.jpg
3o1uk877u4o4.jpg

Zu Audio Mission Speaker Cables 3.0M (9ft 10inch)

This is the Mark I version. Locking bananas and copper spades. Very good condition. Bananas show some inevitable signs of usage. Original owner. Has box.

"Zu Audio Mission speaker wire geometry as the Tesla/Litz configuration. Single crystal copper. The speaker cable has a 13 gauge aggregate, with a polyethylene terephthalate (PET) sheathing. The spade terminations are copper with a cold forged ten ton crimp process. Locking banana plugs are ... fastened with the ITT Pomona soldering process."
http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue55/zu_mission.htm

New Retail: $399 (3.0 M)
Price: $195.00 shipped CONUS (Paypal F&F or add 3%)

n3qqx1gcvwbf.jpg
mi70qhdettlc.jpg
bgkotlh4w9o0.jpg
rc95ox8oyopa.jpg

Post edited by ecod123 on

Comments

• Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
  • Polkie2009
    Options
    Paypal sent for 5' Cobalt speaker cables.
  • ecod123
    Options
    Payment received for Cobalt SC. ***SOLD***

Thanks, K!
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    Options
    I ran Zu Mission speaker and interconnect cables for a long time, they really are fantastic cables!
  • ecod123
    Options
    B Run wrote: »
    I ran Zu Mission speaker and interconnect cables for a long time, they really are fantastic cables!

Same here. Great build quality. Have 2 pairs of Mission SC. Selling one pair because I upgraded to Zu Event SC.
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    Options
    Oh nice! I sold mine when I got rid of my Zu Omens but wish I just would have kept them. I've heard great stuff about the Event cable. Zu is a cool company and I've always liked what they do.
  • ecod123
    Options
    I got all my Zu ICs and SCs when I bought my Soul Superfly MkiiB. The nano woofers are great upgrades. The already good bass became more taut and impactful. And you are right, Sean and his team at Zu in Odgen are one of the best Audio team around. Great stuff and top notch customer service.

And I am planning on keeping my Zu cables for a long time. They match well with other speakers too. Used them on my recently acquired AZ Adagios, good match.
  • Polkie2009
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just wanted all to know I got the Cobalt speaker cables in timely fashion and got them hooked up. sounding sweet on the LSi9's. :) Very well constructed speaker cables and the locking bananas are a nice feature, recommend ecod123 for future transactions. :)
    Post edited by Polkie2009 on
  • ecod123
    Options
    Polkie2009 wrote: »
    Just wanted all to know I got the Cobalt speaker cables in timely fashion and got them hooked up. sounding sweet on the LSi9's. :) Very well constructed speaker cables and the locking bananas are a nice feature, recommend ecod123 for future transactions. :)

Glad you like the cables and that they found a good home.

This has been a silky smooth transaction, thanks to Polkie2009. Decisive buyer, prompt payment, and great communication. A+ in my books.

Thanks again for your purchase.

• ecod123
    Options
    Price REDUCED on the Zu Mission SC.

How about $175 shipped CONUS (PP F&F)?

I will even throw in a free music CD for a Polkie!
  • campbellsoup
    Options
    Are these still for sale?
    Anthem MRX 510
    XBOX 360
    WD Live Media Streamer
    Totem Model 1 Signature L/R/C
    Totem Rainmaker surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD

Go Dolphins!
    B)
  • ecod123