The love we have for our systems

Options
sda2mike
sda2mike Posts: 3,131
As some may have noticed, I sold off a lot of beloved STUFF. Amp, pre, dac, guitar, music. At the end of the day, I loved it all. During hard times I was able to stay afloat.
My point of post though is, I kept the 2btl's. Right now they're singing w my old 1971 marantz 2270. What did charlie say? Winning!

Comments

• sda2mike
    Options
    Wow! I'm hearing impact and bass. What a beast this old receiver is. Might not be so neat on the upper sonics. But it sure is kicking. So cool
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Options
    Awesome system you have there Mike. :) Always hear good things about those early to mid '70's era Marantz receivers bro. Glad to hear you kept your 2Btl's !
  • polkfarmboy
    polkfarmboy Posts: 5,703
    Options
    If the audio is fun then thats the goal accomplished!
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,163
    Options
    Right on Mike. Sounds like a great set up!! I miss my 1B's for sure. Just something about the SDA's that rule!!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • rafarmer1
    rafarmer1 Posts: 57
    Options
    awesome
    "There was an idea, Stark knows this. Called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they become something more. See if they can work together when we needed them to. To fight the battles that we never could."
  • sda2mike
    Options
    So after a few sessions. I ask myself. Self? Was this trip really nessacary. This 1971 marantz receiver is doing more for my enjoyment than my old system. It's warm. Yes the old set up had more power and detailed high end. At the end of the day. This untouched old receiver makes music sound good.
    I been to the rabbit hole. And I done climbed out!
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,037
    Options
    I dunno... I love my wife and my children; I don't think there is any stuff that I would say that I love. I enjoy the heck out of my hifi, but I don't think I love it.
  • rafarmer1
    Options
    yup
    "There was an idea, Stark knows this. Called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, see if they become something more. See if they can work together when we needed them to. To fight the battles that we never could."
  • sda2mike
    Options
    Does it move you? Could equate to the same emotion.
  • boston1450
    boston1450 Posts: 7,455
    Options
    I hear ya Mike. Enjoy the tunes. Thats what its all about. Been listening to the SDA's since 5:30am when the Mrs's headed to work/hospital. Now when she gets home its a different story. I AM the boss when she isnt here :) Other things more important
    Randy/Maine
  • rafarmer1
    Options
    AMEN