sda's found at flea today

hotwheelman
hotwheelman Posts: 1,300
edited August 2004 in Vintage Speakers
Found a pair of these in walnut at the flea market today, only issue is that I have notta cash to pick them up. He had 150 and said he would come to 140, only other issue is there is not a cable with them either. Is this a good price for these? If so I am going to try to scrap enough together to pick them on fri if he still has them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=14992&item=3096100681&rd=1

Cheers,
Mike
"Its worked so far but we're not out yet."
"Hey big man let me hold a dollar"
Post edited by hotwheelman on

Comments

• pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited August 2004
    $140 for a pair of SDAs and local pickup too?

Man, bust open the piggy bank if you have to...

Fantastic deal if all is in working order.

P.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,573
    edited August 2004
    Buy.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited August 2004
    DEFINATELY buy.

If you want to sell 'em, bring 'em to my house.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2004
    Buy them.
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,970
    edited August 2004
    Might as well join in...

DO IT!! ;)
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited August 2004
    Sell your left nut and don't look back.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hotwheelman
    edited August 2004
    Originally posted by F1nut
    Sell your left nut and don't look back.

I already sold it, now what?:D
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited August 2004
    Sell the other one and change your screen name to L2nuts. :)
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • gmorris
    gmorris Posts: 1,179
    edited August 2004
    Take a lesson from Duece Bigalow, start Manwhoring.
    Bob Mayo, on the keyboards. Bob Mayo.
  • hotwheelman
    edited August 2004
    If he still has them fri. they are coming to live with me.....I found the piggy bank (dad). If he does I am going to need links to threads about how to make myself a cable for them. It's going to be sooo cool to get my sda on again.:D

Cheers,
    Mike
  • hotwheelman
    edited August 2004
    Ooooooh Yeah baby, they are here and I stole them for 120. I need to make a cable for them but for the moment I have a decent speaker cable making the run until I can get one made up for them.

When I got here I had left them in the van until I could make room for them, the heat in the van has lifted one of the side panels so it will have to be reglued. The flea market is inside and the lighting is poor, upon getting them to the van I noticed that the bottom caps have both been wet and will need to be redone at some point as there is some swelling and the veneer has started to lift and come loose.

Past that the main enclosure is very intact, also the grill fabric is near perfect and will not need to be replaced. I think that it must have been rare to not at all that the grills were removed as the drivers are just about dust free and almost look new. Wonder where I could get some walnut veneer from?

I must tell you that I had forgot just how much I enjoyed that sda sound, the low end from these rivals the bigger eosones that I have and they just sound fantastic and are simply wowing me all over again! Three cheers for sda...there is none like it.

Pics will follow later when I have time to take them.

Cheers,
    Mike
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,711
    edited August 2004
    Ah, very good Mike. I know they have a good home.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk