Musical Fidelity A5 CDP

Options
I have decided to sell off a few items. First off I am putting up my MF A5 CDP here before anywhere else. I have and always will have a special place for you guys.

This player of mine does have a minor problem and I'll explain as best I can. The player will not eject a CD by pushing the eject button on front of the player but you need to push the stop button on the remote to eject the CD.

I bought this back in 2010 and have used it mostly at the beginning of it life with me but used little over the past few years. I can't find a blemish or scratch on it and have all the original packaging for it. I may have a spare tube for it somewhere too.

Looking for $600.00 plus shipping unless your in the New England area and we can work something else out. Polkie must have 200 plus posts to be considered.

Thanks Always,
Drew

Comments

• NJPOLKER
    NJPOLKER Posts: 3,474
    Options
    I just went back and checked on something. I believe I bought it back in 2009. No big deal.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    It may interest some to know that Matt Polk uses one of these.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,369
    Options
    Cool! I still have mine.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Had I not purchased the Esoteric not so long ago, I would be all over this. FANTASTIC cd player by any definition.

GLWS @NJPOLKER
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    I was doing a quick search on this unit. Seems the buttons on the player not responding or not ejecting but the remote are fine is comon. Lots of great reviews on this unit. What tube does it take? Does it do sacd or redbook only?
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    Does it play SACD?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    It's Redbook only.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• NJPOLKER
    Options
    I have a spare tube I bought from Brent Jessee I believe to be a Sylvania that will go along with it as a bonus.
  • NJPOLKER
    Options
    Matt Polk has good taste and a good ear.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    NJPOLKER wrote: »
    Matt Polk has good taste and a good ear.

I know what you mean. I'm surrounded by good taste. :)
  • NJPOLKER
    Options
    I'd really like to see this bought by a fellow POLKIE and not a stranger from Audiogon

I looked on Audiogon at $600. players and this A5 is a heck of a deal, in my opinion.
  • NJPOLKER
    Options
    200+ views no buyer hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Any suggestions??
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,528
    Options
    Karma it :smile:

I think its priced right, I just personally am not spinning discs anymore. I spent too much time digitizing my library so I didnt need to buy a spinny disc thingy...

And of course pictures would help as well.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    NJPOLKER wrote: »
    200+ views no buyer hhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Any suggestions??

Yeah....list it somewhere else. Not everyone is into digital playback and some still prefer spinning disc. This is a very good cdp at a nice price for those still into spinning discs. I'm just amazed a MF anything is still sitting here.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,662
    Options
    I had no luck with my sell of the Parasound A21. Everyone always raves and wants them. Then not even one bite when I put mine up for sale.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Unfortunately, those of us who are interested have already moved on to different or better pieces.

When I was in the market for a CDP, I ended up going with an Esoteric...because it was what was available and now I am madly in love with it.
    When I was looking for an amp, the Musical Fidelity A5CR fell into my lap.

It just seems like a timing thing with most good quality gear.
    GLWS
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • erniejade
    Options
    This unit has some amazing reviews. For 600$ to get into a great sounding high end cdp is cheap!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mwk455
    mwk455 Posts: 219
    Options
    How much of a upgrade would it be from a marantz cd6005?
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,094
    Options
    If this did SACD I would be all over it like X to a cable thread... I just don't know if this would be an upgrade over the Pioneer D9 MkII I have now, and I am very happy with that one.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • erniejade
    Options
    Its all personal preference. I had your d9 first series. While it sounded good, my jolida on redbook I thought sounded better then the d9 on sacd. That started me down a long journey to find a sacd player that would sound better then the jolida.

I imagine this would take the jolida.

But again its all personal preference.
  • NJPOLKER
    Options
    For those who may be on the fence. $550.00 + shipping

How do you like those apples??
  • NJPOLKER
    Options
    I'd bet donuts to hundred dollar bills the A5 will be a huge increase in sound quality over the Marantz. Just my thought. I listened to my Arcam CD72 and the A5 one right after the other and the increase in SQ was amazing. Every single part of the sound quality was clearer, separation, sound stage, the highs are to die for, and it is beautiful.
    I'm beginning to think about not selling it
  • mwk455
    mwk455 Posts: 219
    Options
    How much is shipping to 53089?
  • NJPOLKER
    Options
  • NJPOLKER
    Options
    The A5 is in a great home in Wisconsin with a great new owner. Mike congratulations!! Please let us know what you think about the beautiful noise you'll hear from it :o
    Please drop me a message when you do so I'll know when and where to look for your thread.
    Thanks