Ahhh, that's the stuff.

Options
dcarlson
dcarlson Posts: 1,740
edited August 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
I temporarily setup my system. It's been almost a full year since I've been able to really pump out the tunes.

I've forgotten how much I missed being able to play my system properly. It's too bad I have to go back to work tomorrow.
SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
Post edited by dcarlson on

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Sounds cool. How's the Foreplay going? Man, I'll be going to school part time is Sept so I'll be cranking the tunes almost everyday. It's such a rush.

Maurice
  • dcarlson
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Maurice, I haven't seen you around much lately. Busy, busy?

Sadly, I haven't been able to do anything with the Foreplay yet and I'm not going to have time for a little while either. The good news is I'll be setting up a work bench in my basement to work on. :)

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • organ
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Yeah, been pretty busy. I finally got a day off.

It's better that you take your time with the Foreplay. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun building it.

Just wondering, are you still planning to use your SED? If you ever want to sell them let me know. I hit one of them pretty hard the other day while tube swapping and got a leak:(. Now I've got EH in the amp.

Maurice
  • dcarlson
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by organ
    Yeah, been pretty busy. I finally got a day off.

It's better that you take your time with the Foreplay. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun building it.

Just wondering, are you still planning to use your SED? If you ever want to sell them let me know. I hit one of them pretty hard the other day while tube swapping and got a leak:(. Now I've got EH in the amp.

Maurice

It's funny you ask. I put the SED back in about a month ago to get the thickness back. I found the EH's may have been too neutral and they sounded almost identical to the MF on it's own.

• organ
    edited August 2004
    Options
    That's cool. I agree, the EH sounds very neutral and the presentation is more forward. I keep going back and forth between EH and SED. I really like them both. I'm going to e-mail tubestore and ask them if they still have some from the same production date and plate current as mine to replace the broken one. I want to get the 6CA7EH or JJ E34L next.

Maurice