FS: SDA-2.3TLs - Virtually full Upgrades - West Des Moines, IA

Options
In a move that I am sure to regret, I am posting up my Polk SDA 2.3TLs for sale.
I purchased/traded these from Travis @trav0810 and have since knocked out most of the upgrades on them with the remaining upgrades to be finished before the new owner takes possession.

Upgrades include 198s, Gimpod boards with Sonicap capacitors, Mills resistors, Jantzen inductors and Solen 16mh sub-bass inductor. Larry's rings, new Armaflex gaskets, VR3 binding post plates with new binding posts, Black Hole 5 behind the stereo mids, Loctite Powergrab on the internal cabinet seams, epoxied mid magnets, and Dynamat on the mid and passive baskets.
I also have an 800va Dreadnought in one of Larry's enclosures with Speakons there and on the binding post plates. I have 2 interconnect cables but will be including the one I made from Audioquest Flx series 14/2 cable with the purchase of these.
All of this is included in the sale.

What I still have left to complete is refinishing the oak endcaps (will basically be cleaning them and doing several coats of satin poly as they are in fine condition as is).
I also am replacing the grille cloth on both the grilles and side panels.
The above should be completed within the next week or so.

The *only* reason I am selling is because I want to focus more on getting our townhouse ready to sell as we have put in an offer on the piece of land we want to build on.
We are still looking at a couple of years out before we start building but the amount of upgrades we want to do to the townhouse to sell it is extensive.
I also won't have a dedicated room until we are well moved into the new place and want to think about a ground up rebuild of my 2 channel at that time.

They sound great but my bedroom space where they currently are isn't big enough to really let them do their thing.
And unfortunately, the WAF doesn't allow me to move them into the living room and into the HT system whereas she can live with the LSis there.

So, my loss is your gain.

So the terms of the sale...
I cannot and will not ship these...so please, don't ask. I will assist in any way I can to help facilitate any pickup here in West Des Moines whether it be the buyer in person or a shipper (they will need to package/protect them as I take no responsibility for your shipper/packaging).

You are welcome to come and take a listen. I will do what I can to facilitate any demo material you want to bring with you but I will warn you, the space is not ideal for them.

I am going to start these at $1500 all in. Feel free to make me an offer but please don't insult mine or your intelligence by offering me $500 or something silly like that.
I need to move relatively fast on this though, so don't be afraid to make me reasonable offers...who knows, you may be surprised.
I don't have any current pictures. But they look like any other pair of 2.3TLs with oak end caps.
I will do what I can to get some pictures up once they are finished up.
Also bear in mind that the crossovers have hardly any time on them for burn-in so they will only get better with time.
Please don't hesitate to hit me up with any questions you have.

Thanks,
Ryan
"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip

Comments

• thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    Options
    Ryan, I have a Dreadnought in one of Larry's enclosures with RCAs. Can it be used with these speakers as well?
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,660
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    How about $501?

You beat me to it... :) GLWS man!

• drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    GLWTS - that's a very fair price considering they're plug 'n play. The big Solen inductor alone is something like $300, the 800VA dreadnought with case and connectors ~$200. It's like you're getting all the other upgrades for free.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    What?...No spikes!?! Sorry...deal breaker!

WOW! Sweet pair of speakers - and the cream of the SDA crop - and all ('cept the spikes...see above) the upgrades already done - and a dreadnought - and WOW!...SWEET!

This would be the perfect pair for the Noyzie one, just down the road from you!

GLWTS
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    thsmith wrote: »
    Ryan, I have a Dreadnought in one of Larry's enclosures with RCAs. Can it be used with these speakers as well?

You could but the end of the cable would have to be modified to work on your Dreadnought side.

I could probably pick up a set of spikes and put them on when I reinstall the endcaps...would be pretty straight forward but each person seems to prefer a different type of spike...

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,078
    Options
    Wow just wow I seen these this could open up a rash of SDAS, for sale in Iowa I would have to sell my 2B'S both pair of CRS+s one pair with original stands to make this happen hmm I must think hard. I wonder if I could find any takers on mine.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    Every pair of CRSs I have seen come up for sale around here has been gone in a flash so I wouldn't think you would have much trouble.

I don't know on the 2Bs though as I haven't really paid much attention to other SDAs locally.

If you are seriously interested Steve, we could figure out a stepped payment plan while you move yours. ;)

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,545
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I will give you a expired gift certificate for a free whopper junior.

Let me know when to expect you to deliver them to me as no one can beat my offer.

I might even throw in no longer sending you deals via PM to help appease your wife :smile:

free bump
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    ...hmm I must think hard.

Don't hurt yourself...

Snooze, ya lose!

• gudnoyez
    Options
    teekay0007 wrote: »
    ...hmm I must think hard.

Don't hurt yourself...

Snooze, ya lose!

HA I've heard that before Terry heck your almost as close as me just head south down 35 4.5 hours and they are yours. I got 4 hours left at work and won't get s..t done thinking bout these.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    I got 4 hours left at work and won't get s..t done thinking bout these.

Well, it is Friday so you're welcome. ;)

• gudnoyez
    Options
    Ryan put me down for these while entertaing other offers should you get them need to bring roses home and talk it over with the wife. I would like first dibs wwill pm you this evening
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,136
    Options
    Can you ship these? >:)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    Steve, you are first on the list.

John, can you ship me those monos in trade? If so, you got a deal!

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,635
    Options
    man oh man I want these, except my truck just died maybe I could .....still swing it Ryan if all falls through hit me up in a pm and I'll check my bank.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    I wanted to jump on this as soon as I saw it, but I have too many as it is. Good luck.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    Options
    I wake up every day wishing I could have sold a Kidney instead.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,860
    Options
    In a move that I am sure to regret

Indeed
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    I don't want to Jesse. And I have a storage unit but the extra scratch will take care of things that are currently more important.

Not getting out of the game by a long shot but I need to utilize gear that is right for the space instead of hamstringing the 2.3s by not giving them the room they need. :(

• thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    Options
    What would be the min width you need?
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    The consensus is 6-8ft between speakers with 3-4ft in from each side wall. I am close to that in my bedroom but my wife has her office in our bedroom which puts a desk right up against the right speaker.

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    Consider these sold to Steve pending pickup and payment.

Thanks!

• PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    Options
    Man oh man just thinking of me having to sell mine makes my eyes water and it's hard to breathe. At least we know Steve will take good care of them and enjoy them to the fullest extent. :)
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    trav0810 wrote: »
    I wake up every day wishing I could have sold a Kidney instead.

F1nut wrote: »
    In a move that I am sure to regret

Indeed

Ryan, I made this mistake when I sold my first pair of 2.3TL's for some silly reason also...a move that I soon regretted. It was SEVERAL YEARS later before I came across another pair for sale within a "sane" driving distance.

You know that in the Midwest the 2.3TL hardly EVER come up for sale, your current set won't eat much if you put them is storage, and they will be there when you build that new home, at which time you can finish that "perfect" listening space just for them, and your enjoyment.

Just sayin'

• indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,639
    Options
    Agree with Mike. These rarely come up for sale. I should have bought these off Travis last year since he lives only about 45 minutes away from me. But unfortunately did not have the cash at the time.

GLWTS.
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    As much as I want to keep them, the sale will get us closer to selling our current place. Which is pretty important since it looks like our offer on the land is going to be accepted sometime this week.

I appreciate the words though. It hasn't been easy coming to this decision.

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Options
    It's all good, glad that they are staying in the family!
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    Options
    Did someone say CRS's....?
  • ZLTFUL
    Options
    Some teaser pics for you @gudnoyez 61yt5hdefukv.jpg
    qc8jnapue3q1.jpg
    wcsyosprg375.jpg
    ba489smjtwxw.jpg
    31rry3is1jl8.jpg

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,517
    Options
    jeebs, those look damn near new. gorgeous.
    I disabled signatures.