Audiogon Dispute: Help Needed ASAP

2»

Comments

• msg
    msg Posts: 9,422
    edited May 2015
    man. this would be comical were it not for your discomfort.
    alright, it's still funny, considering you've got a good sense of humor about it and aren't serious disadvantaged by it.

all kinds out there. it seems almost unreal when you come across one.
    kinda feel like this guy should be hanging on some public bathroom stall door hook by his underwear or somethin'. just 'til he calms down. maybe swing the door a few times. you know. to make sure things are properly seated.

sounds like you handled it perfectly.
    I disabled signatures.
  • falconcry72
    falconcry72 Posts: 3,580
    F1nut wrote: »
    Audiogon will take whatever action they deem appropriate, but I doubt they will ban him for this and I'd suggest you not push that. BTW, his negative feedback is still showing.

Negative feedback has now been removed. I received a 4 minute voice mail from the wife, along with 15 text messages and a dozen more emails hoping to reach an "amicable resolution". Sorry. Too late. I'm not talking to your frickin' wife. What a little coward to screw up and then burden his sick wife with the mess he created. I would have been "amicable" before they fraudulently impersonated Audiogon staff trying to trick me into sending my beloved preamp back, but now it's too late. A line has been crossed and there ain't no lookin back. There is a human on the other end of this computer screen and this human doesn't let little cowards get away with bullying.
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,422
    woh, I missed that part - they impersonated Audiogon staff?
    wth is this guy upto?
    I disabled signatures.
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    In view of his latest antics, and the fact that he has your street address, I'd be inclined to "de-escalate" the hostilities and refrain from burning him with any negative feedback. That boy ain't right !!! Wow.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    gdb wrote: »
    In view of his latest antics, and the fact that he has your street address, I'd be inclined to "de-escalate" the hostilities and refrain from burning him with any negative feedback. That boy ain't right !!! Wow.

Totally agree, he forgot to take his medication!!!! Let Audiogon handle it.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    cfrizz wrote: »
    gdb wrote: »

Totally agree, he forgot to take his medication!!!! Let Audiogon handle it.
    +1 agree with ya'll. Also kinda makes me appreciate our wonderful Club Polk sellers even more.

• rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,966
    madmax wrote: »
    Personally I would want feedback as to whether or not the equipment arrived in good working condition within 2 weeks. Even at two weeks it would raise an eyebrow.

Though I understand that, with a full time job and 4 kids sometimes honestly I don't have much choice but to sit on a smaller purchase for a couple weeks. That's why the gon and fleabay have longer policies, because, yea know, life happens sometimes...

Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • falconcry72
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    madmax wrote: »
    Personally I would want feedback as to whether or not the equipment arrived in good working condition within 2 weeks. Even at two weeks it would raise an eyebrow.

Though I understand that, with a full time job and 4 kids sometimes honestly I don't have much choice but to sit on a smaller purchase for a couple weeks. That's why the gon and fleabay have longer policies, because, yea know, life happens sometimes...

And FYI I did confirm receipt of the item and that it appeared to be in good physical condition the same day that I received it, but I told the seller I would need some time to test full functionality before leaving feedback.

So the latest is that Audiogon is not banning the seller and the only "punishment" he got was that a CS agent "talked to him" to let him know he was wrong. What a crock. He committed fraud and falsely represented Audiogon officials by trying to trick me into forfeiting my personal property through blatant deceit, and all he gets is a slap on the wrist. IMO, a ban would have been a slap on the wrist because he could have just created a new account so all he would have lost was his feedback. Oh well. All I can do now is leave negative feedback, but I know he'll dispute it.
    2-Channel: PC > Schiit Eitr > Audio Research DAC-8 > Audio Research LS-26 > Pass Labs X-250.5 > Magnepan 3.7's

Living Room: PC > Marantz AV-7703 > Emotiva XPA-5 > Sonus Faber Liuto Towers, Sonus Faber Liuto Center, Sonus Faber Liuto Bookshelves > Dual SVS PC12-Pluses

Office: Phone/Tablet > AudioEngine B1 > McIntosh D100 > Bryston 4B-ST > Polk Audio LSiM-703's
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,781
    Just as he can't leave negative feedback for you not posting FB for him fast enough, you cannot leave him negative feedback for being a PITA.

LET IT GO.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    You're damn right because I know how Audiogon works. I knew they wouldn't ban the guy for those emails just as I know they will remove any negative feedback that Ben leaves him unless it concerns shipping issues or condition.

Feedback is optional, no one has to leave it and many don't. The best thing for Ben to do at this point is not leave any.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• falconcry72
    You're damn right because I know how Audiogon works. I knew they wouldn't ban the guy for those emails just as I know they will remove any negative feedback that Ben leaves him unless it concerns shipping issues or condition.

Feedback is optional, no one has to leave it and many don't. The best thing for Ben to do at this point is not leave any.

Jesse, you know this guy or something?

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    Seems to me this is like narrowly missing a car wreck. Take a deep breath and be glad you didn't get harmed, but don't chase down the idiot who caused it to choke the life out of him.
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • F1nut
    No Ben, I've no idea who it is. The thing is Audiogon will recognize any negative feedback you leave as a **** for tat deal and remove it. You might even get a talking to for it, so best to let it go. Besides, the lack of feedback is what was bugging this guy, so what better way to say FU.

President of Club Polk

• falconcry72
    edited May 2015
    No Ben, I've no idea who it is. The thing is Audiogon will recognize any negative feedback you leave as a **** for tat deal and remove it. You might even get a talking to for it, so best to let it go. Besides, the lack of feedback is what was bugging this guy, so what better way to say FU.

Understood. I have over a month to decide if I'll leave negative feedback or not, so I'm not in a huge rush. In the meantime, I am greatly enjoying my new preamp... and more importantly, a new power amp I picked up locally. It's an ARC VS-115... 130ish WPC of pure tube bliss... and the local dude was super cool, I'm sure we will stay in touch.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,089
    Update: just got a message from the seller that he is "no longer accepting the preamp for return". LOLOLOLOL. And that, if I leave him positive feedback, he might contact audiogon about having my negative feedback removed. LOLOLOLOLL.

Little does he know I've been working with Audiogon CS all day and am literally doing everything in my power to get him permanently banned. What a frickin tool. And to think that I was actually worried for a minute... shoulda known better.

I do appreciate the support though guys, def made me feel better when I wasn't sure what would happen! Love the Polk family!

Did you buy this from PFB?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    ^ flagged ^

With an lol.

• F1nut
    I guess T I T is a dirty word. Ridiculous!

President of Club Polk

• Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,860
    Foregoing feedback is not the highest road to be taken, but it would be the one with the best view... as it's the one that leaves you with the last say in the matter. In fact, an email to him 3 months from now when your busy schedule finally cleared itself for full testing and telling him how much you love the preamp and thanks for offering the item up would be some added salt for flavor.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable