I am between the Tritons

Options
grimmace19
grimmace19 Posts: 1,429
Finally picked up my new speakers today. Basement isn't finished yet so they were just swapped in for the 15s. Blissful.

More to come.

Comments

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    GoldenEar? Which ones?
  • grimmace19
    Options
    Alright, after a few days it's time to build on my previous statement.

So, the wife and I are on the verge of having our new basement complete and ready for me to embark on the new audio journey. There were a lot of twists and turns along the way, but I am the proud new owner of a pair of Goldenear Triton Ones. I went with the super center XL and 4 matching sat 3s for surround duty. I am keeping my JL f112 (likely until I die) so that will cover the speaker portion.

I'm powering the front 3 with a new to me Krell kav250a/3 amp and will run the sides and rears from my existing adcom gfa7500. For now my processor is the Marantz av7005, my marantz bd7006 player, hegel hd11 dac, and a squeezebox touch.

I've got everything pre-wired into the walls and will keep all of my gear under the stairs other than the 7006 so I can easily swap discs.

Alright, so I finally picked up the triton ones after a painful week of knowing they were in but didn't have a vehicle for transporting those monsters.

After a few days, god dang, they are better than I could have even hoped for. I won't spew a bunch of stuff that's been said in every possible review out there, but what I will add to the conversation is that these speakers can be whatever you want them to be. They're amazing at low volumes and delicate during quiet passages, but they can also play louder than you ever want to listen, shake the walls with the bass, and just flat out rock. It took a lot of listening to find the right pair of speakers for me, but I can sleep soundly at night knowing I made what to me was the perfect purchase.

I'll also give a shout out to ListenUp in Denver for great service, plenty of wiggle room on price, and a smooth easy transaction.

If you have the ability to get your ears on these, do it, I think they're amazing especially for the price.
  • hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    Options
    Awesome!

Great to hear that you took your time and did it right. Now you can enjoy the bliss without the "what-ifs".

You know what I'm going to say next...right? Something about pictures... :)
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • gumbay13
    gumbay13 Posts: 360
    Options
    I also had the chance to audition them this Saturday. I have been curious and wanted to see what all the hype was about. I have to say the hype is well founded!

I also did get a chance to listen to the Sevens and was shocked at how much clean sound they can produce for their size.

I had stopped by specifically to see if they had any of the FIVES and as it turned they had just had a couple of them , must have been about 3 pairs of them, delivered and the owner of the store was gracious enough to pull a pair from the back , remove them from their boxes in my presence and set them up for me to listen!

As new as they were i was still impressed. Very impressed.

Now to start saving the coins and see if I should do the FIVES or step up to the Ones.

AMP/Pre Pro: Outlaw 7000x, Marantz AV7703
    Speakers: Fronts:LSiM 705s/ Center: LSiM 706c / Surrounds: LSim 703s
    SUB: Rythmik LV12R x2
    Source:OPPO UDP-203
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    The timing of this post could not have been better for me, need ideas for HT gear and need a place near our new home to go audition stuff, this thread took care of both.
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    Options
    Congrats man, i'm really enjoying the Fives and had a chance to hear the Ones while I was there and they were awesome. Sounds like a really nice setup you've got there!
  • grimmace19
    Options
    ^ Thanks, during my search I spent a good amount of time with the 2s as well to see if the price was worth the difference. Very simply, yes I sure thought so. The more I listen to these the more I love them.
  • grimmace19
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Alright gents, after many weeks of patiently waiting on the basement to be done, here it is. I'm now finally between the tritons in a proper location and boy do they sound sweet!

IMG_0044_zpscy1szcla.jpg
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Looks great!!
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • B Run
    B Run Posts: 1,888
    Options
    That's a very nice setup, congrats!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,909
    Options
    You need a bigger bar. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Options
    Outstanding! Love the bar seating behind the sofa.
    b]Beach Audio[/b]: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Topping D90iii * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »

Very nicely done. How does it sound?
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • grimmace19
    Options
    Sounds incredible despite using some really bad patch cables in the mean time while I wait for the av company to fix their mistake. Should have happened today and I'll confirm when I get home. Love having my gear in a back closet!
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Some of us are more endowed in the bar department....too bad my wife doesnt et me downstairs!

Grim, that's looks great! That's a space to be proud of.
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!