It's official... the 4 Shot fix is never coming folks.

SgtPayback
SgtPayback Posts: 33
edited August 2014 in Video Games
For those of you still holding out hope for a permanent mic fix on your 4 Shot... it's over. Polk may not have publicly stated as much, but the recent post regarding their new upcoming Striker model is the final nail in the 4 Shot coffin.

http://www.polkaudio.com/products/striker

However, it sure would be nice to see them fess up and admit the obvious design flaw. Regardless, they really shot (pun intended) themselves in the foot as I highly doubt many gamers will ever buy another headset from them again (myself included). Hopefully they will offer all of you guys some kind of trade-in offer. As for me, I have been enjoying my Astro A40s for months now since returning two different pairs of 4 Shots.
Post edited by SgtPayback on

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    edited July 2014
    So lets see, you returned 2 pairs and got your money back, yes ? You moved on to another brand and are happy so far...yes ? So whats the concern if a fix is coming or not ?

Polk still has to deal with the issues at hand, no doubt, but lets let them deal with it and hopefully a solution equitable to everyone will come about.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • SgtPayback
    edited July 2014
    I’m just passing along information to folks that may have recently purchased the 4 Shot or are on the fence about which headset to buy. As far as I can tell, Polk execs haven't said anything about the 4 Shot for over three months now. So as an avid gamer, I thinks it's completely valid to continue posting up in this forum to keep others properly informed.
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    SgtPayback wrote: »
    I’m just passing along information to folks that may have recently purchased the 4 Shot or are on the fence about which headset to buy. As far as I can tell, Polk execs haven't said anything about the 4 Shot for over three months now. So as an avid gamer, I thinks it's completely valid to continue posting up in this forum to keep others properly informed.

A simple google search is all that's needed for someone looking to purchase the 4 shot. I assume the "information" crowd knows how to use google ? They don't join the forum to buy the 4 shot.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • SgtPayback
    edited July 2014
    Your beef with my post simply doesn't make sense. Potential or current customers may be browsing this forum to see if the issue has been resolved. That is a core function of what product forums are to be used for in the first place. As for your Google search, most likely the results will take them here… as well it should. So as I have already stated, I am simply trying to inform other fellow gamers/consumers since Polk has said squat about this issue for over three months.

So just take a deep breath and relax. Given the fact that you have posted nearly a whopping 17,000 times in these forums over the course of 13+ years, I think you could probably use a break from posting anyway ;)
  • codebluedvo
    codebluedvo Posts: 8
    edited July 2014
    I still look to see if there will be a fix. I use them now as my iphone headset when listening to music, which is like never. I finally purchased the Astro A50's and holy **** I wish I would have bought these first. A headset that does what it says and more. I won't buy a polk headset again.
  • SgtPayback
    edited July 2014
    It's obvious that folks are still looking for answers regarding the mic issue as there are already 700+ views on this thread alone.
  • Sacrinis
    Sacrinis Posts: 41
    edited July 2014
    Ive been looking for answers I still own this headset and honestly hate the boom mic.. i want to use this headset as intended. The fact there is no fix or any word after months upon months pisses me off.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited July 2014
    It's obvious that folks are still looking for answers regarding the mic issue as there are already 700+ views on this thread alone.

Most of those views are tonyb.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,834
    edited July 2014
    F1nut wrote: »
    Most of those views are tonyb.

Haha, padding his post count is he?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited July 2014
    what can we say we like a good train wreck
  • SgtPayback
    edited July 2014
    I don't want to pile on tonyb or start any kind of flame war. So maybe one of the forum admins can shed some light on the latest status of the 4 Shot and get this thread pointed back in the right direction?
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited July 2014
    You said you came here to inform and you've done that, nobody is still arguing with you...so let's just move on.
  • Ivor Bolokoff
    Ivor Bolokoff Posts: 1
    edited July 2014
    I've just bought them today,hope they've not been a waste of cash!?!?! I've seen some people have been sent a Boom Mic after Registering them,hope i get one sent out,fingers crossed.
  • SgtPayback
    edited July 2014
    You said you came here to inform and you've done that, nobody is still arguing with you...so let's just move on.

We are trying to move on, until guys like you and tonyb chime in with a pointless reply. As I said, maybe an admin can shed some light as to the current status with 4 Shot or if indeed it is the end of the line.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    edited July 2014
    It's pretty obvious the situation has reached the end of the line.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited July 2014
    Easy there sport, 'people like us' have been around here for years and have helped hundreds of people. People like you are a dime a dozen, you'll move on in a couple weeks and 'guys like us' will still be here helping people for years to come. The admins are not gonna chime in because this forum isn't run by Polk's CS department. Polk allows this community to exist largely on it's own and doesn't really curate the content here, which is why we have so many threads about the 4 Shot here. I think that in itself says alot about Polk, where most companies would pull the negative comments about their products...

Plus, judging by your title and first post you've already got it all figured out, so what exactly are you wanting to hear from the admins?
  • pitdogg2
    edited July 2014
    We are trying to move on, until guys like you and tonyb chime in with a pointless reply. As I said, maybe an admin can shed some light as to the current status with 4 Shot or if indeed it is the end of the line.

There are many members here who are in the know with Polk, to be so negative with those who do have large post counts just goes to show that you really do not understand this forum. Tonyb and others have been here a long time and many of the Polk employees Doro,Nap,Kim and Ken S some have moved on others just do not come in as much as they used to. We members here do have your best interest in mind but heck give us a break sometimes we like to have a little fun. If we didn't make wise cracks this would of died days ago. Do you think the Polk guys mine old threads? Nope most likely not. Ken Swagger comes in all the time. Maybe it is time you just called Customer service and voice your concern. Ask for Helen or Kim both very long time employees.
  • SgtPayback
    edited July 2014
    As far as I can tell, you old timers haven't offered any help on this particular topic so it doesn't really matter if you have been here for 20 years or 2 weeks. Not sure why you are bent out of shape that some of us are still interested in helping others make informed decisions before they waste money on what is essentially a broke product. If this thread or my comments annoy you, maybe you should find another thread to "help" with.
  • pitdogg2
    edited July 2014
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Maybe it is time you just called Customer service and voice your concern. Ask for Helen or Kim both very long time employees.

guess you missed this part sport^^^^^^... Now go join Emotive forum and bash them see how long you last. Not only will your negative comments get lost so will your membership..
    good day sport!
  • SgtPayback
    edited July 2014
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    guess you missed this part sport^^^^^^... Now go join Emotive forum and bash them see how long you last. Not only will your negative comments get lost so will your membership..
    good day sport!

I have no idea what you are talking about guy. How is posting in a forum about a defective product labeled as bashing? Seriously, what is the deal with some of you? If anything, Polk could (and should) be accused of false advertising. In fact, they are lucky that nobody has really taken them to task regarding this whole SNAFU. I’m also surprised that nobody had posted anything regarding the new Striker model until now. But my guess is that everybody was afraid that some of you die hard Polkies would jump in and bash any negative type of post. Well that obviously proved true in this thread.

So it would seem that a few of you need a quick refresher in the following…

Polk is still showing and describing the retractable mic design as a FEATURE on their product page…
    http://www.polkaudio.com/products/4shot

The same is true for their Amazon page…
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E1L78N6/

Hence the purpose of this post. As a gamer I want to make sure that nobody else makes the same mistake I did under false presumptions advertised by Polk. I’m not the problem here, Polk is at fault and these forums are the best place to make it known that the mic issue still exists.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited July 2014
    nm not worth it
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tonyb
    edited July 2014
    Btw....yes, those were my views and not Polks.

The problems with this product have been well established here and on other forums. My point of using Google was that any unsuspecting consumer can find out pro's and cons of a product with a simple Google search. We don't need to keep hammering threads on it, they already exist stating the problems.

However some feel a need to keep adding to that like they are the almighty saviors of future 4 shot customers. We are well aware of the problems and believe me, none too happy about it either, but it isn't keeping me up at night like some of you.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Gidy
    Gidy Posts: 9
    So now my boom mic and built in mic is echoing. Could getting a new boom mic solve this problem? Because right now I'm using the stupid mobile device microphone.
  • Gidy wrote: »
    So now my boom mic and built in mic is echoing. Could getting a new boom mic solve this problem? Because right now I'm using the stupid mobile device microphone.

It's an inherent design flaw with this product. A new boom mic is just a bandaid solution. Get out while you can.
  • Tiremfej
    Tiremfej Posts: 11
    If anything...I purchased a few more Polk products due to the excellent sound on them...so the 4shots aren't that bad.
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    So just take a deep breath and relax. Given the fact that you have posted nearly a whopping 17,000 times in these forums over the course of 13+ years, I think you could probably use a break from posting anyway ;)

You, sir, are a prig.

The latter part of your handle , "Payback," says it all about what you are about in posting on this Forum.

Take your self-righteous vindictiveness and "shove it along," to borrow a very nice phrase from Hemingway.

Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.