Tube amp article

Options
tonyv1
tonyv1 Posts: 365
edited August 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Found this story about tube amps on Soundstage! Even mentions hybrid (tube and solid state) amps from Blue Circle.
Post edited by tonyv1 on

Comments

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Thanks for the link, Tony. I really enjoyed reading that article. I love reading tube articles because everyone have their own theories and different things to say.

Maurice
  • PolknPepsi
    PolknPepsi Posts: 781
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Interesting article, thanks for pointing it out.................:D

Have a good day..................Pat
    Denon #2900, Denon stereo receiver, Conrad Johnson Sonographe 120 amp, Blue Jeans cables, and Klipsch RF-7's
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2004
    Options
    It was worth reading but I didn't care much for the opinions given. I keep remembering what I "thought" tubes sounded like from reading this sort of stuff and now what I "know" tubes sound like after living with them. This subject is just like loudspeakers. 50 people all with the same ones all have different opinions. Even after reading all the opinions you have no clue until you hear it yourself.

I guess I'm somewhat annoyed that they are presenting this info visually with the guy sitting at his lab desk refering to graphs and measurements as the absolute truth while stating that obviously SS is it for true faithful sound reprodution. Well, if we have reached the ability to really measure the sound this extensively then obviously we can produce amplifiers, speakers and sources which truely recreate reality. Sorry, but we are not to that point yet.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D