AURALIC ARIES EXTREME "REVIEW"

brgman
brgman Posts: 2,859
To anyone who has been reading up on this new bridge for playing files and has seen the hype and wonder if it's true, it is,this thing is very nice.
It's rare to get a piece that makes you want to listen to your whole damn collection just to hear how it sounds through this thing.App is still basically beta and will get better i'm sure.
Also plays straight from the NAS to eliminate all but ethernet,or go wifi.
I have and/or tried Marantz,Bryston,Oppo,Squeezebox Touch,and others i don't recall right now and this right at the top.
Not for everybody, but i know some are doing HiRes files.If you are into music files for a good chunk of your stuff and are serious about digital it's something you want to hear.
Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!

Comments

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Their Vega DAC is great. It replaced my BDA-2. I was thinking of getting the Aries, especially after they added the ability to run a direct connected USB drive. Did you get the slightly more expensive version with the better power supplies?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • brgman
    brgman Posts: 2,859
    Yeah i got the Extreme as some sites called it.
    I imagine you can find a spot to get 30 day trial.
    Some places were sold out.Maybe not now.
    I've seen a few lower models up for sale as they move up.
    You'll like it.
    Main Rig-Realistic AM/FM Record player 8 track boasting 4 WPC

Backup Rig-2 CH-Rogue Audio Zeus w/Factory Special Dark Mods,Joule-Electra 300ME Platinum Preamp,OPPO-105 w/Modwright Tube Mod, Auralic Aries G2.1,Polk 2.3TL,3.1TL's,Dreadnought,RTA-15TL's,1C's All Fully Modded,2xRTA-12c's ,Benchmark DAC3 HGC,Synology NAS,VPI Scout w/Dynavector DV-20XH and Rogue Audio Ares Phono Preamp,Sony PCM-R500 DAT,HHB-850 Pro CDR,Tascam CC-222SLMKII Cassette/CDR,MIT S3.3 Shotgun Cables,Shunyata Hyra-8,Shunyata and Triode Labs Power Cords

I’M OFFENDED!!!!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Looks like a good MS for not that much cash. Hooked up to a Vega by USB so you can slap those DSD files straight in is nice. Fox, this has your mailing address all over it. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tophatjohnny
    tophatjohnny Posts: 4,162
    Looks like a great unit!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!