Moved from RTi A9’s and A6 to LSiM 703’s and 704

Options
2»

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Great looking room there chief. Dig the Iron man in the case to the right. If you can pull those speakers forward a bit it might help the sound some.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • adabro
    adabro Posts: 212
    Options
    Thanks all - I'll play around with the placement this week.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,519
    Options
    Looks real nice man, congrats on that set up
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Awesome looking man, nice job.
    This is just a thought and it would widen the sound-stage and fill out the room more with sound,
    Swap the SVS and the Polk right speaker by putting the right speaker under the Iron man. Switch the Alien case with the left speaker. Play with the toe in a bit but not too much. (the more you toe them in the smaller the sound-stage)
    Angle the sub woofer towards the main listening area and also as others have stated here before, crawl around the room and hear where the sub sounds the best and see if it could go there. It may end up on the side wall or even the back wall or where you have it now. Also get that center speaker off of the glass or wood a bit, about an inch off will do wonders to the sound for voices. Angle it up towards your ear level so that when you are sitting in your fave spot the speaker is aimed and starring you right in the face. (easy to angle with shims under the speaker.)

Right rear speaker out of the cabinet and put it just below the cabinet that it was in. Left rear bring down level just above the back of the chair.

The only issue I can see is if you have little kids messing with the right rear speaker and the Alien cabinet not being able to move it over to the right.

Your set up is awesome looking I am just passing on what I think would make the sound fuller, wider and more real for the back speakers. Please don't take my comments as negative criticism about your set up. :) Rock on man.
  • adabro
    Options
    Not at all gfong - appreciate the advice, I have a four day weekend coming up, that will give me lots of time to try out different placement options.
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Nice setup adabro! I'm digging the room too, and that midnight mahogany(how bad a** are those ;) ) looks sleek, nice addition to the room. Love the poker table man, you need to have some polkies over sometime for a game and to check out that system. :)
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Options
    How do you like the 704 in comparison to the a6 now? I am in a similar boat, changed rti10 to lsim705 after a clearance price at a fs converted to best buy. I have a csi5 right now and am debating whether going with a 704c will make a noticeable difference or not. Don't have the budget for the 706c right now. Even the lsim705 were an unnecessary splurge, but it can be hard to pass up a deal!
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • adabro
    Options
    gurot1 wrote: »
    How do you like the 704 in comparison to the a6 now? I am in a similar boat, changed rti10 to lsim705 after a clearance price at a fs converted to best buy. I have a csi5 right now and am debating whether going with a 704c will make a noticeable difference or not. Don't have the budget for the 706c right now. Even the lsim705 were an unnecessary splurge, but it can be hard to pass up a deal!

I'm still in the market for a 706c eventually, but I'm happy with the 704 for now. I did try swapping it out with the a6 when I first bought it, but I'm too tone deaf to comment on differences - it certainly wasn't lacking in any way though...
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Options
    I just saw an lsim704 on kijiji for 300, but it sold already. Thanks for the input.
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5