Thinking of swapping out my LSi15 for some Tyler Acoustics

Options
acmf74
acmf74 Posts: 936
Has anyone here have any experience with the Tyler Acoustics PD30 Speakers?

Comments

• acmf74
    Options
    Thanks..

I'm not looking for Tyler Acoustic specifically but found a pair not too far from me.

I'm looking for a new pair of speakers to upgrade from the Lsi15s.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited March 2015
    Options
    In this instance, bigger isn't better.

If you are a Klipsch guy and love that horn sound, the PD 30 may be your huckleberry.
    The PD series is based on pro audio drivers from Eminence and if you were looking to do a high efficiency, low power system like SET or something, you would be golden. Or even a home theater based around them.

But they are going to be a completely different animal than your LSis. That isn't to say they're bad...just different.
    Will they be an upgrade from the LSi15s? Only your ears can tell you that. The pair that I heard were in a HT system and they did well for that. But the system was in a dedicated theater room and outside of concert blu-rays, I wasn't impressed with the musicality of the PDs.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • acmf74
    edited March 2015
    Options
    I may just go with what I know and pick up a set of LSiM705s :)
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    I think that would be the better option.
    If the Tylers were a steal of a deal, buy them, try them, resell em if you don't like em.

As said, they aren't bad but they are definitely a different animal.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • acmf74
    Options
    If anyone see's of hears of a used pair for sale please let me know. :)