Harman kardon nc headphones....

shawn474
shawn474 Posts: 3,047
Just trying to see if anyone has any experience with these. Seem to be pretty well reviewed and looks like a good deal.....any input is appreciated. Jut ordered the polk buckles too so whichever wins will be kept and the other returned.

http://electronics.woot.com/offers/harman-kardon-nc-over-ear-noise-cancelling-headphones-2
Shawn
AVR: Marantz SR-5011
Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
Front: Polk LsiM703
Rear: LSI fx
Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
DVD Player: Sony PS4

Comments

• shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Just got both pair in the mail today and sorry to say that the polk buckles were defective. Got them from nordstrom's online at a cost of $99 and they were obviously used and returned by the way they were packaged. Disappointing because I could not even gauge what they would have sounded like through the static in the right ear cup. Nicely constructed though and I really liked the look of them.

The HK's wee ordered from woot at a total cost of $130. They were beautifully packaged and their fit and finish is VERY impressive. I wanted to do a shoutout and return the ones that lost. By looks (even with the square ear cups) and by performance (though I realize it's very unfair because the polks were defective) theHK's won hands down. The ONLY complaint is that the charging cable for the battery is proprietary and you have to get a replacement from HK at a cost of $25. The sound, bass response and noise canceling are pretty impressive. I can see that these MAY get uncomfortable after prolonged usage but they are very comfortable on my head. Comes with a small and large headband but are not adjustable which was weird to me. The small band fit my head perfectly luckily.

I wanted to stay in the 100-150 range and did so with these two choices. Wanted to stay away from beats and the like so took a flyer on the Polk buckles and HK's. Glad I did with the HK's and I blame Nordstrom for the Polk issue. Would love to get my ears on a pair in the future but for now the HK's are pulling duty.
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4