Football Pool for Fun, Read if interested

Options

Comments

• warviper
    warviper Posts: 585
    edited August 2004
    Options
    No worries Demi thats the good thing with the spread is that your chances should be 50-50. Good luck though.
    Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited August 2004
    Options
    It's food for thought and I'll heed your advice.
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Yes that first game will need to be pick prior to the game of course and the remainder will need to be picked by the dealine. The spreads are automaticlly loaded (i'll have to find out what site) so i have no control over those. I have played on this site for 3 years and just so you know There are many diff spreads so they might vary from places you might look. They arent Vegas Lines so dont worry about that :)
    Life without music would
  • Pauly
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Signup deadline will be Tomorrow 9/8/2004 Since the first game is on Thursday! Pm me if your interested.

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I need another PM with the password! I forgot it.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I can't believe there are only eleven people in the pool so far. What a bunch of girlie-men around here! :rolleyes:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Pauly
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Frank, PM sent with new password..

LAST CHANCE.. Will be sending email out today with further instructions. Dont forget there is a game tomorrow so pick it or loose it. Will be playing with the spread that is automatically loaded. (I have no power over this)

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • Pauly
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Ok guys dont forget to make your picks!

Good Luck!

Commish
    Life without music would
  • gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Cant wait for the game tonight, should be a good one.
    Graham
  • Pauly
    edited September 2004
    Options
    helllz yeah. ITS FOOTBALL!
    Life without music would
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Can someone please PM the new password?
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited September 2004
    Options
    So was that game a push or were the pats favored by 3.5? How are pushes handled?
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Frank Z
    edited September 2004
    Options
    The Pats won the game but only by 3 points. The spread was 3.5 so if you picked the Colts, you won.
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Yeah I had the Pats...thought that they would beat them by more points. (Obviously)
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • jdhdiggs
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Good, I didn't see the final line. Both teams looked really rusty last night....
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Damnit, I made my picks before the spread was up.
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Beginners luck? :D

I'll bite my tongue...day ain't over yet.
  • jdhdiggs
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Shoot Demi, you could still win this week...
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Well I had nine wins...very surprised by that.

What cracked me up is everyone picked Baltimore to win.....and we all lost!!
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png
  • gatemplin
    gatemplin Posts: 1,595
    edited September 2004
    Options
    There were some good games this weekend. Bills Jags had a great finish, even though I wanted Buffalo to win. Also Broncos Chiefs was a good game, both running backs were very good, Griffen had some awesome runs.

I hope I do better next week, though I probably wont if I keep picking the teams I want to win, damn Bills.
    Graham
  • Frank Z
    edited September 2004
    Options
    After the Broncos/Chiefs game last night we got stuck in a huge traffic jam on the interstate. Finally got out of Denver and found 3 miles of interstate being paved, we krept along at 2-20 mph. Found yet a 3rd ongoing constuction project north of Colorado Springs and putted along another for a couple more miles. finally got home around 1:15 AM. The kids were beat but they both said it was worth it. We had a blast!! The only downside was the drunk next to me that wanted to chew my ear off after every play. Finally told him that I was busy with my kids and didn'tcare to discuss the game with him ( I have no patience with drunks). He went back to talking to fat-assed, drunk as skunk, **** lookin' girlfriend and they staggered out before half time.

The game was great!! Lots of action, LOTS OF NOISE!! I'm so damn horse I can't even talk to my customers on the phone.:D

I did a lot better than I expected on the pool as well, but not well enough to quit and gamble for a living.

Spasticpitbull,
    Thanks for setting the pool up! My wife and kids are even ejoying keeping track of wins/loses. Can I call ya "The Commish"?

:)
  • Pauly
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Hey no prob. I am in a couple other ones. One of the coders here at work and few of his buddies set that up. I just use it.

The Commish ;)
    Life without music would
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by jdhdiggs

Well...I made an outrageous pick for tonight and went with my home team, the Packers. I don't have high expectations, but if they win I think they'll clobber that spread. They're either going to show up to play or their not. 1st week is always the toughest because nobody has really seen the teams actually play a game.
  • Pauly
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by jdhdiggs

Actually he has 9 wins and you and i have 10 and we picked The Panthers and he picked GB. So if he wins it will be a 3 way tie with 10 wins. If not it will come down to the points between you and I :) Good Luck!

Commish :)
    Life without music would
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by spasticpitbull
    Actually he has 9 wins and you and i have 10 and we picked The Panthers and he picked GB. So if he wins it will be a 3 way tie with 10 wins. If not it will come down to the points between you and I :) Good Luck!

Commish :)

Last night I had 10 wins, which is odd that I have 9 now....is it real time or something? :confused:

Good luck though!
  • Pauly
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Demiurge
    Last night I had 10 wins, which is odd that I have 9 now....is it real time or something? :confused:

Good luck though!
    You did? I just looked and it said 9. Did you count wrong or did the site say you had 10 wins? Let me know and i will raise the ? with the sitemaster. If you could email what games etc....

No its not "real time" all the games were over last night and would have been posted. Make sure please

Commish
    Life without music would
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited September 2004
    Options
    I get the feeling this will be one of Loud&Clear's drop weeks. ;)
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Pauly
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by dragon1952
    I get the feeling this will be one of Loud&Clear's drop weeks. ;)

He could get 2 weeks with -0- wins :eek: ;)
    Life without music would
  • Demiurge
    edited September 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by spasticpitbull
    You did? I just looked and it said 9. Did you count wrong or did the site say you had 10 wins? Let me know and i will raise the ? with the sitemaster. If you could email what games etc....

No its not "real time" all the games were over last night and would have been posted. Make sure please

Commish

Last night it said 10 wins on the site. I didn't even bother to look what games I got right. It said I was ranked 1st last night. An explanation would be cool. It's all for fun though so I don't really give a crap. The Pack is lookin' good thus far so hopefully we'll be having a three way later. :eek: :p;):p :eek:
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,040
    edited September 2004
    Options
    So far I am unimpressed with the Packers and the Panthers....
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.