Pollk Hinges Showed Up Today

Options
gudnoyez
gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
edited February 2015 in Headphones
5crmrmjczpv3.jpg

That was fast ordered them Sunday Night from the Cowboom deals worth the $29.99 for sure.

93p6e67axzte.jpg

Nice bass laid back as described put the adapter on them played Stevie Wonder Intervisions the remastered CD these surprised me I like how they sound played through my Marantz, my I-Pod with and with the headphone amp and without. I plan on going to the cave In a bit and plug them into the Oppo and play some SACDs. I think these little Polks are a nice set of phones and fit my big ol head comfortably. Get them at this price, if I see a deal on the Buckles I'm getting them. Sale ends tomorrow you better jump on them TK B) Your pm just popped up as I was typing this.
Home Theater
Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)

Comments

• teekay0007
    teekay0007 Posts: 2,289
    edited February 2015
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    Get them at this price, if I see a deal on the Buckles I'm getting them. Sale ends tomorrow you better jump on them TK B) Your pm just popped up as I was typing this.

Holy cr ap, Steve, that's funny! I JUST sent the PM about these and then checked the new posts and there's your thread, pics and all! Great minds think alike I guess! B) They appear to be nice quality in your pics. I think I'm gonna jump on it too. I wish you could get the black at that price. I'm a little concerned about the white showing dirt and grime in short order.

Do give a little more feedback once you give them the SACD treatment in the cave please.

• gudnoyez
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Terry just snag them at the sale price you wont be disappointed, unfortunately they don't have the black ones, Hannelores already eyeballin em she actually took them from the UPS guy when she was letting the dogs out :) I will report back after a bit when I listen to them through the Oppo you will need an adapter if you want to use these through anything else than your Apple or Android device.

http://www.amazon.com/YCS-Basics-Female-Headphone-Adapter/dp/B00D64J1GG/ref=sr_1_53?ie=UTF8&qid=1424389241&sr=8-53&keywords=headphone+adapter

I got one of these.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

• teekay0007
    Options
    Son of a Shiite! They are sold out! Just went to take care of this and got the no go!

Snooze...ya lose! :'(
  • gudnoyez
    Options
    Terry you should jump on these good price and they are black. Sorry you missed out got a couple of DIY headphone stands I'm working on you get these, and I will send you one to hang these on.

http://www.rakuten.com/prod/polk-audio-buckle-headset-stereo-black-mini-phone-wired-24-ohm-10-hz/254903429.html?listingId=383082174&sclid=pla_google_Mp3GadgetsMall&adid=29963&gclid=CNj-y9uf78MCFQsxaQodYhYAag
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• teekay0007
    Options
    Sounds great Steve - and thanks for the prodding! I went ahead and jumped on a pair of the black Buckles. Got a very good deal! B)
  • gudnoyez
    edited February 2015
    Options
    So did you get em at raukuten.com from the link I posted, or did you get a better deal than that? So I owe you a pair of DIY headphone stands once you post a picture of your Buckles.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/249671/the-diy-headphone-stand-thread/1575

I have two of the Brainwaves Acrylic Stands holding my Sennheisser 598's and my new Polk Hinges, I also got one of em for the JVC phones I got my Grandson. I read this link the other day good Ideas here so I came up with a Idea after reading this Head-fi thread and have two in the making, and no its not a banana holder, and had I read this prior to buying those Brainwaves I would of saved some cash. So the prototype is yours so don't go rushing off and buy a stand. Give me a ring at work or my cell tomorrow. You got to check this Head-Fi thread out its pretty interesting!!!
    Home Theater

2 Channel

Stuff for the Head

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    I ordered a pair for the wife yesterday, supposed to be here on Monday. Must of placed my order just in time.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • teekay0007
    Options
    gudnoyez wrote: »
    So did you get em at raukuten.com from the link I posted, or did you get a better deal than that? So I owe you a pair of DIY headphone stands once you post a picture of your Buckles.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/249671/the-diy-headphone-stand-thread/1575

I have two of the Brainwaves Acrylic Stands holding my Sennheisser 598's and my new Polk Hinges, I also got one of em for the JVC phones I got my Grandson. I read this link the other day good Ideas here so I came up with a Idea after reading this Head-fi thread and have two in the making, and no its not a banana holder, and had I read this prior to buying those Brainwaves I would of saved some cash. So the prototype is yours so don't go rushing off and buy a stand. Give me a ring at work or my cell tomorrow. You got to check this Head-Fi thread out its pretty interesting!!!

I found a new, black pair that had just been listed today on the 'bay for $66 w/free shipping, so I jumped on it!

Am I really seeing what I think I'm seeing at your link? Is that really 214 (and counting!) pages of DIY headphones stands ideas? :o Can't wait to see what you've come up with...

Will post when the Buckles arrive.

Thanks!

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    I use simple command hooks above my desk. They work great. bbvdhltom39v.jpg
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • PolkieMan
    PolkieMan Posts: 2,446
    Options
    Still waiting on mine UPS said "storm delayed"
    POLK SDA 2.3 TLS BOUGHT NEW IN 1990, Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-198
    POLK CSI-A6 POLK MONITOR 70'S ONKYO TX NR-808 SONY CDP-333ES
    PIONEER PL-510A SONY BDP S5100
    POLK SDA 1C BOUGHT USED 2011,Gimpod/Sonic Caps/Mills RDO-194
    ONKYO HT RC-360 SONY BDP S590 TECHNICS SL BD-1
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    PolkieMan wrote: »
    Still waiting on mine UPS said "storm delayed"
    Bummer!
  • PolkieMan
    Options
    Well they say tomorrow :)

Houston, TX, United States 02/23/2015 3:45 P.M. Arrival Scan

Memphis, TN, United States 02/23/2015 4:43 A.M. Departure Scan

Memphis, TN, United States 02/19/2015 4:36 P.M. Arrival Scan

Earth City, MO, United States 02/19/2015 11:45 A.M. Departure Scan
    02/18/2015 3:00 P.M. Severe weather conditions have delayed delivery. / We’re working to deliver your package as soon as possible.

Earth City, MO, United States 02/18/2015 11:03 A.M. Arrival Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 02/18/2015 6:46 A.M. Departure Scan

Louisville, KY, United States 02/17/2015 6:07 P.M. Origin Scan

United States 02/17/2015 9:32 A.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    My wife received hers today. She immediately fell in love with them and she didn't even give them a listen. Wow these are perfect, she says...geesh.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    Options
    We got one pair yesterday and the other is to be delivered today. VERY nice construction - worth WAY more than the sale price paid. Haven't listened to them since they will be Easter gifts for our daughters, but if anything like the UF8000's, I know we won't be disappointed! Nice job Polk!
  • PolkieMan
    edited February 2015
    Options
    What's the deal ? Plugged this into my Onkyo and I have to fiddle with the plug or hold in the button to get them to sound good? Never mind, it didn't like my 1/4" plug adapter.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Hold the button?
  • PolkieMan
    Options
    yea the center button on the provided cord from the headphones to the receiver. But alas it was my 1/8 to 1/4 adapter that wasn't making up proper contact I tried another and it works fine
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Ahh.. I see. That's good.
  • PolkieMan
    Options
    But then I wish it would have came with an adapter or regular headphone only cable