Formula 1

Options
Hey F1, are you ready for the opening race at Melbourne? 21 days to go!
I can't wait... been playing F1 on the PS3, to pass the time. 41 and still playing video games, with my son of course!!
Curious how this season is going to unfold.... Vettel going to Ferrari, Alonso gone, etc.
SRT Seismic System with dual PSW1200's
RT5000 x 2
RT2000p
CS400i
CS350-LS
LS F/X
PSW650
PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
DSW MicroPro 4000
Adcom amps
Pioneer Elite SC-89
Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable
PS4
XBOX One
MIT Interconnects
BJC

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    Did you guys see the time Daniel Ricciardo did on the Top Gear track? Lewis Hamilton probably can't wait to get back on the show and have another go at it.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,794
    Options
    I'm ready.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    I'm looking forward to seeing what Daniel Ricciardo can do now that he's top dog with his team.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • chefkungfu
    Options
    Ricciardo is pretty fast and is a talented driver! My money is on Vettel 'tho.
    Maldonaldo is at the top of the time sheets as of today, but we'll have to wait until Melbourne to see what happens... I have a feeling some teams are sandbagging in Barcelona testing.
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • gce
    Options
    So you think Vettel will bring Ferrari back to the top...ahhh. With the Mercedes boys still intact that's going to be tough. My money is always on Hamilton but I'd like to see Ricciardo challenge the Mercedes boy a bit closer this year.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    Options
    I think Vettel will lose to Raikkonen inside the Ferrari team. Now that Allison is designing the car there is actually hope the car is any good (and we have seen what Raikkonen can do in Allison designed car).
  • F1nut
    Options
    I think Vettel will lose to Raikkonen inside the Ferrari team.

Not a Ferrari fan, but I would be pleased to see that.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• chefkungfu
    Options
    Alonso was airlifted by helicopter after a wreck.....
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • chefkungfu
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    I think Vettel will lose to Raikkonen inside the Ferrari team.

Not a Ferrari fan, but I would be pleased to see that.

Raikkonen does have more seat time!
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    Options
    I know it is still early practice sessions but Vettel's time almost 2s behind Raikkonen's best. I would have expected a little closer time.
  • F1nut
    Options
    chefkungfu wrote: »
    Alonso was airlifted by helicopter after a wreck.....

He's got a concussion, he'll be fine.

President of Club Polk

• southbama61
    Options
    I would bet Alonso's big ego is still intact. Kimi beats Vettel.
  • chefkungfu
    Options
    ^^^ that's funny!!!
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    Options
    Always been a Kimi fan here so hoping this year is better than last. When he ran the Lotus there were glimmers of hope and you could see the skill and determination was still there. I did not see any of that last year with Ferrari. Fingers crossed that Vetel doesn't get at Kimi's like he did with Webber. I thnk Vettel is a sore loser.

Anyway looking forward to Australia soon!
  • F1nut
    Options
    I thnk Vettel is a sore loser.

An understatement if there ever was one.

President of Club Polk

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,067
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • chefkungfu
    Options
    Ricciardo, is bright and talented too! Very fast! He's definitely one to keep on eye on!
    I was watching Top Gear last night and the Stig beat up and knocked down Ricciardo's cardboard cutout....... then proceeded to do a lap in the MB AMG GT.
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • southbama61
    Options
    Vettell is nothing without the benefit of designer Adrian Newey
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Vettell is nothing.

Fixed it for ya. ;)

"Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • gce
    Options
    Star Wars meets Reservoir Dogs meets Williams F1 Team. LOL
    https://youtu.be/hyCBJvVwIcw

Anaheim Hills CA,

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    I'll just leave this here...

http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • F1nut
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    I'll just leave this here...

http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

President of Club Polk

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    They haven't updated it...I am disappointed. He crashed today I heard. Hehe

• chefkungfu
    chefkungfu Posts: 638
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Hey guys, getting ready to watch the qualifying Australian GP it's starting in about 10 mins. EST! (2:00am). Wife and son are sleeping and I'm enjoying a cold beer!
    Very excited that formula 1 season has begun. I wish all my fellow f1 and Polk friends good luck on their favorite driver/team!
    It's going to be a good opening season! Sit back and enjoy the show!
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • gfong
    gfong Posts: 1,079
    Options
    Well I hope the season is not another Mercedes leads and the rest of the 11 cars follow way behind. What a poor showing for opening day! 13 cars after the first lap. 4 or 5 did not even make the grid. I hope this is not the future of F1.

Fair race overall but not competitive at all or exciting. They have to do something, bring back fueling or reduce something.... not even DRL is helping, though I knew when they brought it out it was a gimmick to have more passes.

F1 needs to go back to manual shifting and reduced hp with the screaming engines again! Anyone else wanna comment?
  • chefkungfu
    chefkungfu Posts: 638
    Options
    Not what I expected.... 13 cars??? C'mon, bring back refueling, and v10/v12 cars with higher rpms. It was a fair race, but lacking cars. Kimi retiring at lap 41 due to the wheel locknut/stripped threads. The red team needs to do better if they want to catch the silver arrows!
    Let's see what happens in Malaysia...
    RT5000 x 2
    RT2000p
    CS400i
    CS350-LS
    LS F/X
    PSW650
    PSW1000 w/Dayton SPA1000
    DSW MicroPro 4000
    Adcom amps
    Pioneer Elite SC-89
    PS4
    XBOX One
    MIT Interconnects
    BJC
  • gce
    Options
    Yeah, 30s behind was 3 place. If it wasn't for the Mercedes boys Vettel would have won. :o
    Anaheim Hills CA,

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    cute-puppy-dozing-off-o.gif

• F1nut
    Options
    not even DRL is helping

That's DRS, drag reduction system.
    F1 needs to go back to manual shifting and reduced hp with the screaming engines again!

I've got no problem with the semi-auto trannies. Your second comment doesn't make sense. The screaming engines were anything but reduced HP.

I knew I'd see a Honda PU go kerblamo and wasn't disappointed. It's going to be a long year for McLaren.

President of Club Polk

• FTGV
    FTGV Posts: 3,649
    edited March 2015
    Options
    Oh yippy,another year of watching Merc demonstration runs with the arrogant little Brit leading the way.Unfortunatey Rosberg does not have the pace to beat him consistantly.The three guys that do don't have enough car.
    I still hate the sound of those Turbo hybrids.Give us back the sweet sound of the high reving v10's and 12's.