Hey Sda

Options
HBombToo
HBombToo Posts: 5,256
edited August 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
my Wife and I are listening to the CRS+ and the 2B's and are convinced they are both way good. This opinion is based on our RTI HT settup.... HT is good but the cave is better.

Sherry has figured me nuts... I have been moving speakers from 1 room to the other for playtime:p God bless her patience.

If Polk releases a new sda speaker I will be a happy buyer :D Sherry will be pissed because a percentage of reserve cash goes to Polk.... but then again at leaste I"M CONSISTANT :)

I WANT NEW SDA's dammit!
Twin:p
***WAREMTAE***
Post edited by HBombToo on

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2004
    Options
    how do the CRS and the sda2's compare? since i have the sda2(B), was just curious.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • pjdami
    pjdami Posts: 1,894
    edited August 2004
    Options
    how do the CRS and the sda2's compare? since i have the sda2(B), was just curious.

I'd love to know too since I own the CRS+.
  • Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Dont have any SDA's but i enjoy the Monitor 10's over the HT RTi's even with the SVS....Go Figure.

Pauly
    Life without music would
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited August 2004
    Options
    ill take 2b's over rti70's any day of the week
  • read-alot
    read-alot Posts: 812
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by ohskigod
    I just picked up a pair of mint CRS's to go with my 2's. Havent had time to really do a serious comparison yet.
    polkaudio SRS (rdo194 x 8)
    Dodd ELP (separate power supply)
    JC 1 blocks ( strapped )
    Rega Apollo
    MIT (speaker cables) Outlaw (ICs)

polkaudio SDA2(rdo194x4) (front) polkaudio CRS (rdo194x4)(rear) polkaudio 400i (center)
    B&K 505
    Samsung LCD
    VIP 622
    HSU STF-2
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by Airplay355
    ill take 2b's over rti70's any day of the week

cant argue with that, i am unbelievably happy with the 2b's (would love to here the sda 1c's though :D )
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Zen Dragon
    Zen Dragon Posts: 501
    edited August 2004
    Options
    If you wanna hear the 1C's ya just gotta make your way to one of the polk gatherings. Seems there is no shortage of people with SUV's that love to bring them along. Great speaker, even though I have the studio version all in black (rather have the cherry) I luv em!
    The Family
    Polk SDA-1C's
    Polk SDA-2
    Polk Monitor 10B's
    Polk LSI-9's
    Polk Monitor 5's
    Polk 5 jr's
    Polk PSW-450 Sub
    Polk CSI40 Center

Do not one day come to die, and discover you have not lived.
    This is pretty f***ed up right here.
  • HBombToo
    edited August 2004
    Options
    The CRS+ and 2B's sound very much the same to me with the exception of deeper bass extension on the 2B's. They are both outstanding speakers and in my cave they both do a great job. HUGE imaging and clarity.

I plan on moving the CRS+ into my bedroom when I pic up a new flat screen. The 2B's stay in the cave with me;)

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • pjdami
    edited August 2004
    Options
    The CRS+ and 2B's sound very much the same to me with the exception of deeper bass extension on the 2B's.

Thanks Hbomb for the response. Makes sense that the floorstander should have deeper bass.

So you have updated the tweeters in both pairs of speakers with the replacements ? (the black ones?).
  • HBombToo
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by pjdami

So you have updated the tweeters in both pairs of speakers with the replacements ? (the black ones?).

Yes Sir and for that matter my RTA8 and 15's have also been swapped.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • pjdami
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Yes Sir and for that matter my RTA8 and 15's have also been swapped.

Sounds like you are set. Whoever discovered the new tweets or was the first to try it out and share is a true pioneer.

Kind of makes one wonder if Polk has heard the SDAs with the replacement tweeters and compare them to what they are making now. Gotta be some top secret Area 51 stuff going on over in Baltimore.
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited August 2004
    Options
    What's the biggest difference between the new SL2000T tweets and the old Silver-Coils, sound-wise? I know the new ones are black.

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d