Left/Right Channel Sub to single RCA

I have a legacy Polk sub with left/right inputs. How do I get that connected to my NEW AV receiver with a single RCA output?

Comments

• The satellite and center channel are RM II with the sub having no information label
  • Hello,
    I believe you have the non-powered RM1000 woofer which needs a full range right and left front speaker level connection. Treat it as a normal right and left speaker contained in the same cabinet. Then the two RM2000 satellites either get connected to the same connection terminals, on the receiver, as the woofer is connected or they can be connected to the right and left terminals on the sub along with the wires coming from the receiver. Then the center is connected to the receiver's center channel connection.
    Regards, Ken
  • Thanks for the response. Just to be clear, the front left and right terminals on the receiver will each have two connections, one to the satellite and one to the sub. Again, thanks for the help.
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited December 2014
    Can you use a crossover to send lows to the sub and the rest to the fronts? Been wondering as I have one as well. Not that its an option for me, just a bit of curiosity, that little thing is pretty decent sounding for a freebie I got with my 5jr.s
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • Hello,
    That is correct, two connections either at the back of the receiver or at the back of the sub.
    Both the sub and the satellites have internal filters, the sub has a low pass filter (letting only low frequencies pass to the woofer) and the satellites have a high pass filter (letting only upper frequencies pass). There's no need for any additional external filtering, in fact it would detract from the sound quality.
    Regards, Ken
  • seabeerob213
    seabeerob213 Posts: 1,840
    edited December 2014
    If I'm not mistaken, the rm 1000 is a passive 10, with two 6.5 inch drivers sealed in the box doing the leg work? Didn't know about the filter, never tore into the sub
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • Thanks again for the help.