I RECENTLY OBTAINED A POLK AUDIO SPEAKER THAT I HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO IDENTIFY IT'S MODEL TYPE.

IT IS A BOOKSHELF SIZE SPEAKER THAT IS VERY HEAVY WEIGHT WISE. IT HAS THREE SPEAKER PARTS, TWEETER,MID-RANGE AND BASS. ON THE BACKSIDE OF THIS SPEAKER, IS THE SERIAL NUMBER M22881. THERE IS ALSO A FUSE CONNECTOR ATTACHED TO THE SPEAKER. IF ANYONE COULD HELP ME TO IDENTIFY THIS SPEAKER, I WOULD BE EXTREMELY THANKFUL FOR THIS INFORMATION!!! I WOULD ALSO BE INTERESTED IN FINDING A MATCHING SPEAKER TO THIS SPEAKER. THANKS. PMORTLOCK

Best Answer

Answers

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,819
    Post a picture and you'll get a more accurate assesment....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • MysteryMystery Posts: 2,462
    What siz cabinets?
    Sounds like monitor 5.

Sonus Faber Concerto Grand Piano, Klipsch Heresy, Epicure 20+,T/E 280, Polk 4,4.5,5A.
    DB Plus 880, AR 48S, Smaller Advents. SUBs: Monitor Audio. Pre: HK AP2500, C1, Tandberg 3002A.
    Amps:
    BB275, Crown XLS1500, QSC, Rotel, Luxman R-114, Nakamichi...
  • TNHNDYMANTNHNDYMAN Posts: 2,153
    With fuse, probably early Monitor 5's but we really don't know without a pic. Also please take caps lock off when posting to the forum. Hard to read and considered poor online etiquette. Finding a single speaker may be more difficult than obtaining a working pair. You may want to part out the drivers and crossovers for money towards a complete pair once you determine what you have.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

Also if you could at least post the dimensions such as -- height, width, length, then we would probably figure it out pretty quick even without a picture.
    2-ch System: Parasound P/LD 2000 pre, Parasound HCA-1000 amp, Parasound T/DQ Tuner, Phase Technology PC-100 Tower speakers, Technics SL-1600 Turntable, Denon 2910 SACD/CD player, Peachtree DAC iT and X1asynchorus USB converter, HSU VTF-3 subwoofer.

edited December 2014
    Answered? so what's the answer?
    'Turn of the caps' is the answer?
    I think this vanilla has gone mad.

Sonus Faber Concerto Grand Piano, Klipsch Heresy, Epicure 20+,T/E 280, Polk 4,4.5,5A.
    DB Plus 880, AR 48S, Smaller Advents. SUBs: Monitor Audio. Pre: HK AP2500, C1, Tandberg 3002A.
    Amps:
  • He has two threads going on the same topic, answer was in the other one
    HT/2channel:
    AVR: Yamaha RX-V 765
    Fronts: Polk RTiA3
    sub: Polk PSW110(will add 2x PSW 505)
    Center: CS13
    surrounds:Polk RTi4( also have some def tech pro Mon. 800s, may end up her or expanding this to 7 channel.)
    TV: samsung 40
    The real 2 Channel(work in progress):
    Pre:HK 3490
    Amp:Parasound 1200 MK II
    Sub:RBH 1010-SEP
    Speakers: Monitor 5A peerless
    Headphones:
    Source: FIIO X3 CD rips WMA lossless
    Amp: FIIO E12, Nuforce icon udcac-2 W/pangea cable
    Cans: Audio-Technica ATH-M50, Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i
    most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)

"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS,
    THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE,
    THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER
    WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS
    WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"
    Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,672
    Mystery wrote: »
    Answered? so what's the answer?
    'Turn of the caps' is the answer?
    I think this vanilla has gone mad.

You just realized that.....LOL

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

Still don't see answer confirmation there either.
    Looks like if question thread has any reply, it's answered.
    I was thinking op needs to mark reply as answer but I guess vanilla thinks any reply even if it is completely unrelated, is the answer.
    Pretty smart! Blah...blah. ..

Amps:
    Mini Monitors it sounds like. The lower driver is actually a passive radiator. Does this look like it?
    01qmhu80ulnj.jpg

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,313
    ^^^ Those were ridden hard and put away soaking wet... did you find them floating in tsunami debris? ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    Yes they are pretty rough. I do have surrounds to fix them and am looking for 1 better condition passive rad and 1 grille, so if any more stuff washes ashore on the left coast near you John just let me know.