Yamaha RX-V375 and Polk PSW10

Options
My Yamaha receiver has a SW PRE OUT jack, but my new Polk SW has no corresponding input. When I used a red/white RCA cable from the AUDIO OUT jacks to the L/R inputs, there seemed to be no connection. Any advice would be appreciated.

Answers

• RPMinJAX
    Options
    UPDATE: Issue fixed with addition of adapter that splits SW OUT cable into RCA jacks.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,162
    edited December 2014
    Options
    That would have been my suggestion...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    You don't even need an adapter. Just choose either left or right. There is no benefit from splitting a mono signal to feed the l/r inputs of a mono amp. The signal is going to the same place.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    Get a better sub?
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,569
    Options
    damn guys, that's a little harsh, isn't it? :)
    guy's just trying to get his sub working.

+1 to what JM said - just pick one of the ins to use
    I disabled signatures.
  • RPMinJAX
    Options
    Thanks for your comment, msg. Since this is my first time on the forum, I was afraid seebee's childish post might be typical.
  • seabeerob213
    Options
    Sorry bout that, been a rough week followed buy having to work my only day off in a span of 12-13 daysdays, was in a very cynical, sarcastic, and outspoken mood then, shouldn't have made any posts
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA