Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms Japanese SHM-SACD

I have a used but in absolutely new condtion copy of Dire Straits - Brothers In Arms Japanese SHM-SACD for sale. You will not find a better (used) condition copy of this SHM-SACD, period.

I am asking $40.00 plus $5.85 Priority mail shipping. I seriously doubt you are going to find a better deal than that. Payment via Paypal as a "gift" please.

I will post pics of it a little later today/tonight.
Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Comments

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    Pics for the SHM-SACD.

IMG_0830.jpg
    IMG_0832.jpg
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • headrott
    Hmmmm, I felt this is an excellent deal for this SHM-SACD. I will do a one time price drop to $38.00 plus $5.85 shipping priority mail. If it doesn't sell here, I will sell it elsewhere as I feel this is a phenominal deal for an absolutely like new SHM-SACD. Literally, you won't notice a difference between this SHM-SACD and a new SHM-SACD, guaranteed.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    It is a phenominal deal and you get the original packaging, which is way cooler than the jewel case deal.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    How much better sounding is it compared to the reg SACD?
    on the fence as I have the SACD.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    PM coming your way.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • headrott
    edited November 2014
    pitdogg2, this is definately better than a hybrid SACD mastered with "normal equipment". I would say this is probably better than the MFSL hybrid SACD even. But, it is also the European master of the album, so it is short on "Why Worry?". That said, it is my favorite sounding of all masterings of the SACD (this being the non-hybrid SHM-SACD).

That said, Fred has purchased this SHM-SACD. This is sold pending check payment. Thanks Fred.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• headrott
    This SACD is SOLD. Thanks again Fred.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited November 2014
    This was in my mailbox when I arrived home from work yesterday. Wow, you're not kidding on the condition, it's virtually new. I couldn't find a mark on any of the packaging or the SACD itself. But . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . for me that is a secondary consideration to how it sounds.

In a word or three . . . phenomenal! To me the redbook is an excellent recording with great clarity, dynamics, tone. This is sooooo much better, perhaps the best recording I own. Though it sounds cliché, I heard instruments that I had never noticed before, harmonies that stood out better, massive 3D soundstage. The audio was vastly more detailed and yet more organic, more analog sounding.

Thanks Greg!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • headrott
    Excellent Fred. It does sound excellent. I happy you like it, continue enjoying sir.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    headrott wrote: »
    This SACD is SOLD.
    Just ran across this. Idgit. (me). Enjoy, sir.

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~