check this outmidwest audio fest

scott:cool:
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited February 2002
    Options
    Lima is about 2&1/2 hrs. I'll be there. I'll be the one with 3 heads.

It figures. My sister-in-law and her husband just moved from there.

Thanks again.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • gidrah
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Just a reminder! It's this weekend. I'm heading down (from Detroit) tomorrow night. I'm looking forward to many "Oh my gosh"s and "Holy ****!"s.
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited March 2002
    Options
    hell it just 45 minutes from here might get over there to check it out.

scott:cool:
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2002
    Options
    ohio is close to me but it can take 2 hours to drive across the state so it could be far i would love to go but i have to help my foaks work on their re modeling of the dineing room/kitchen floor/cabinets it is just so fun puting down wonder bord i am just outside of detroit
  • gidrah
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I spent about 4 hrs there today. Man oh man. What a day. I listened to some nOrhs, Edgarhorns, older JBL, Bohlender Graebener, Parker Audios, Paradigm References and a bunch of DIY. All properly set-up in seperate rooms with appropriate equipment.

I almost picked up a pair of nOrh 3.0 for $100, but I didn't want to carry them around. I went back later and they were sold out. I did get 2 T-shirts.

The Edgarhorns were just as I expected. If the vocalist would have sneezed I'd have said "God bless you". I heard both the Titans with 35Hz Horn Seismic Sub, and the Slimline with the Seismic Jr Sub. Both systems were powered by Cyrus Brenneman Cavalier amps (10w/ch). I've heard other $1500 spkrs that couldn't come close to the Slimlines and at $1000, the 35Hz Horn Sub Seismic is a great sub in this price range. Just so long as you don't mind a 72"x31"x26" sub in your living room.

The most impressive (and largest) speakers were a pair of DIY. Imagine a triangle. At the base is side by side 15" Altecs, slightly above that is a round horn mid that mushrooms out to about 3' and slightly above that is about a 12" round horn tweeter. As with the Edgars, the horns are carved wood and have no ringing associated with many other horns. The horns had TAD drivers ($$$$). If the vocalist would have sneezed here I would have wiped my face.

What a day!:eek:

Thanks Scott! I wouldn't have known about it if not for you.:)