Need help setting up Polk Audio PA660 and PA880 with a scope

Options
I have installed a Kenwood DNX6990HD and these two amps.
Door speakers(Infinity Primus CS6500) lowest HZ is 53Hz and the sub(JL Audio 10TW3 spec is 24Hz-200Hz.
I have a scope, but I don't have the knowledge, on how to set the system up.
I have made two test files, with Audicity a 40Hz and a 1000Hz (amplitude at 1)files. One for the sub(40) and 1000 for the 660.
At the stereo, I have all the bass, mids and treble set to 0db and the processor on flat sound, loudness to off.
My problem is, setting the right settings at each amp. Gain is at the lowest setting, but I don't know about the filters where they should be set at.
Right now, I'm trying to set up the 660 first, the RCA is disconnected to the 880.
Kenwood's unclipped volume, is at the maximum(35).
I'm reading and viewing videos, but I 'm still confused. Some of them are contradictory even.
Any help would be appreciated, my car is apart as we speak.

Thank you,

Tibor

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Hello,
    Welcome to Polk's forum. My advice would be to check with Kim Jasper at Polk CS, his number is 1-800-377-7655 extension 208. He ran his own car audio shop for many years and can give you great tech support. You can also email Josh.Claar@soundunited.com who is Polk's prototype builder and very experienced car audio system designer.
    Regards, Ken
  • tibimakai
    Options
    Thank you.
    I'm not sure if I qualify for Polk Audio CS help, since I have picked up these amps broken, from Ebay and I have repaired them myself.
    I have set the amp up for now, without clipping. Volume level doesn't seem to high though.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    It wouldn't matter to Polk, they'd be glad you were able to fix them.