Looking for an equalizer to adjust Hampden speakers.

Options
I have not been able to find anything that will allow me to adjust these speakers through usb. Looking for a program that will let me.

Comments

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    not sure what your rig is but, jriver does have and eq, and full on dsp if you wish.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Orange
    Options
    Ill check it out, thanks.
  • Orange
    Options
    I like the idea of jriver but, I don't think its going to allow me to adjust music from sites like pandora. I listen to reggae from time to time and the bass is a little heavy at higher volume settings on these speakers. I want to adjust the low end, so as to not hear the woofers buzzing. Thanks again for your time.
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I wonder if there is some equalizer software that would help you out, I will do some checking.

also if you like reggae check out the thread in movies & music.. for Reggae fans..I bumped it up to the top for you.
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Orange
    Options
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Orange wrote: »
    I like the idea of jriver but, I don't think its going to allow me to adjust music from sites like pandora. I listen to reggae from time to time and the bass is a little heavy at higher volume settings on these speakers. I want to adjust the low end, so as to not hear the woofers buzzing. Thanks again for your time.

The Hampdens are a desktop solution speaker, they are not meant to be played all that loud anyway. Could be your asking for too much volume from too small a speaker which no equalizer will overcome that shortcoming.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Orange
    Options
    Its very true that turning them down a little solves the problem. The only time I have this problem though, is when songs have any type of heavy bass. I do not listen to rap. I also dont think they should peak at 6 on the settings. They play other types of music crystal clear. Wish I could find a program that would allow me to adjust the sound through usb. Thanks for your thoughts Tony.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Whats the rest of the gear look like ? If your playing Pandora, your playing MP3 quality audio which isn't all that great anyway. If your only using the computer's sound card, then that's also a step backwards in sound quality.

We have many threads on getting good sound out of a computer, it takes a tad more than simply speakers to achieve that though.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Orange
    Options
    From my understanding, since the speakers plug in through usb, they are bypassing my computers sound card. "we designed the Hampden's USB input to bypass the lower quality digital-to-analog converter built into most computers. A higher quality converter in the Polk Hampden optimizes this critical function for the best audio possible."

I realize that im not getting anything close to high quality sound from pandora. Its just very convenient and I would like to adjust the sound coming from it.
  • Orange
    Options
    From my understanding, the speakers bypass the computers sound card by using usb.
    So polk must have built in a converter. I realize that pandora is no where near high quality audio. Its just convenient and I would like to have software based equalizer on my computer if thats possible.
  • Orange
    Options
    From my understanding, since the speakers plug in through usb, they are bypassing my computers sound card. "we designed the Hampden's USB input to bypass the lower quality digital-to-analog converter built into most computers. A higher quality converter in the Polk Hampden optimizes this critical function for the best audio possible."

I realize that im not getting anything close to high quality sound from pandora. Its just very convenient and I would like to adjust the sound coming from it.
  • Orange
    Options
    From my understanding, the speakers bypass the computers sound card by using usb.
    So polk must have built in a converter. I realize that pandora is no where near high quality audio. Its just convenient and I would like to have software based equalizer on my computer if thats possible.
  • Orange
    Orange Posts: 14
    Options
    didnt mean to post twice, thought the first post didnt go through.
  • Orange
    Orange Posts: 14
    Options
    Thank you to anyone that posted. Looks like there is not an easy solution to my problem right now.