New Camaro

Options
I am getting a new 2014 Camaro Lt1 RS next month. Is it worth the cost to upgrade the stereo to the Boston Acoustics premium system? I want to leave the car stock, no hacking on it

Comments

• Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    Options
    Get the car 1st, then report back.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    edited September 2014
    Options
    How much more is the premium upgrade to get that system and what else included in the premium package a lot of companies make you go full monty like push button start leather seats. The Infinity system that came with the Wife's premium package on her new Kia is real nice and there is no reason to replace it. All you got to do is listen to the premium stereo that is offered in the Camaro you plan on getting. Have fun picking out your new Camaro.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • ken brydson
    Options
    Mike Kozak wrote: »
    I am getting a new 2014 Camaro Lt1 RS next month. Is it worth the cost to upgrade the stereo to the Boston Acoustics premium system? I want to leave the car stock, no hacking on it

PM Larry, Toolfan. He has one . I'm sure he'll have some advise.

• Sherardp
    Options
    Bro I would wait it out. If you need to upgrade over stock then just go to a nice shop and buy the Boston's or Focal speakers. You'll save tons by going that route.

• Mike Kozak
    Options
    I am pretty sure the Boston Acoustics will be fine.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,060
    Options
    If it's the premium package you will be fine long gone are the days for me where you tore into the dash to install a alpine with a equalizer power booster with ciricket Triaxials in the back and cricket coaxials in the front or blaupunkt with equalizer and power booster with JBL triaxials in the back and JBL Coaxials in the front .

Sure that all sounded good back in the day but the premium packages offered in today's vehicles be it Bose, Infinity, or Boston Acoustics all sound great the wife likes hers infinity premium set up with 7 speakers and sub in her new Kia, but misses her Bose premium set up she had in her Nissan we just traded in.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    My biggest b I t c h about my Camaro is the stereo, and I have the BA in my car..
  • Mike Kozak
    Options
    what is the problem?
  • Mike Kozak
    Options
    Car is blue ray metallic, painting the garage orange, opposite of blue, should look very nice. Floor will be dark Grey. Going a bit overboard, but paint was cheap so...........
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,895
    Options
    It's just not the greatest, I have heard stock Bose systems that kick **** over the BA..

How bout posting some pics??
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    I have the Bose in my 07 corvette ragtop. Its not bad. I think if I had the hard top it would be a lot better. Over the summer I rented a Traverse and the Bose in there was darn good. I haven't heard the Boston system. I am kind of suprised they went with Boston sine the upper line system for the other Chevy's are Bose.

At least Toytoa has JBL LOL.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,649
    Options
    I cringed when I saw my wife's new CX5 had a Bose system but it actually sounds really good...
  • Mike Kozak
    Options
    It is a Boston Acoustics 9 speeakers including sub 245 watts but not sure is that is rms or not
  • Mike Kozak
    Options
    Got the new Camaro yester afternoon, soooooo nice to have a brand new car. I have to clay bar it though, been sitting outside at the dealer and there is dirt I can feel in the paint. Will do this tomorrow as it is my birthday and I am off work, could take a while but I will have enough adult beverages to get me through the procedure!!
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,314
    Options
    Contrats!!!!!!!!!!! Great looking cars!!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,352
    Options
    Congrats on the new ride! Sucks to have to clay bar it. Is it rail dust from shipment? I've seen some new cars in transit with protective sheets applied to the body, not sure what Chevy does.

We have a 2008 Envoy with the Bose system that sounds pretty good. I did update the head unit this year with a Kenwood DNX891HD. That added Bluetooth and a rear view camera for the wife.

I use Meguiar's Ultimate, a synthetic wax. I apply with a Shurhold DA polisher. Still looks great yet!

envoy2008.jpg
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Sherardp
    Options
    Check out Zaino products.

• scottyboy76
    scottyboy76 Posts: 2,905
    Options
    congrats on that sexy american sports car.

I would strongly advise leaving whatever is in that car now alone.

As gudnoyez said, the days of playing with the components under the dash or in the doors is over, I would not even trust 99 percent of pro shops to redo anything involving the electronics in modern cars.

Besides, with all the road noise and wind noise, its not like you are sitting in your listening room back home, no matter the quality of the audio system.
    humpty dumpty was pushed
  • Mike Kozak
    Options
    Car is done, nothing to add perfect the way it is