Not as many Post on the board latetly

Options
Why do you thank this is happening/not happening?
engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.

Comments

• Dennis Gardner
    Options
    Some still haven't found it, and those that have, don't like change.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • badchad
    badchad Posts: 348
    Options
    Ask the members with AARP benefits.

Something about font colors, system showcases, and kids with their gosh darn ipods nowadays.
    Polk Fronts: RTi A7's
    Polk Center: CSi A6
    Polk Surrounds: FXi A6's
    Polk Rear Surround: RTi4
    Sub: HSU VTF-3 (MK1)
    AVR: Yamaha RX-A2010
    B&K Reference 200.7
    TV: Sharp LC-70LE847U
    Oppo BDP-103
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    badchad wrote: »
    Ask the members with AARP benefits.

Something about font colors, system showcases, and kids with their gosh darn ipods nowadays.

:- )

Now, you young punks get off of my lawn!
  • Moose68Bash
    Options
    Let's hope that as cold weather sets in, activity on the Forum picks up! :)
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,340
    Options
    It took me a while to find it too. I am really trying to like the new site but... I guess I am there with the old farts.

These young whipper-snappers, where is the "Vintage Polk" link that was on the home page and the other cool info; you know, the tech info stuff.

Well, there is always the "Wayback Machine" Internet Archive.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • oldmodman
    Options
    I miss the original posters that had a great deal of actual knowledge presented without opinions. Stuff like modifying speakers. And does this cable make my **** look fat.
    Now it's just people seeing who can yell the loudest. Rather than who has an amp that goes up to 11.
  • Tbone289
    Tbone289 Posts: 661
    edited September 2014
    Options
    skrol wrote: »

Well, there is always the "Wayback Machine" Internet Archive.

Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that even the Wayback Machine has the spec pages for the "vintage" speakers. They have the product pages & descriptions, but it appears that the specs are lost...

When I realized the vintage stuff had all gone away, I went to Google and copied the cached pages for the specs on all the Polks I own. It doesn't appear that those cached pages are available anymore though.

I'm awe-struck that, after all the years of building a great community such as this, Polk would basically turn their backs on it. All the great information that has been built post by post here can't even be accessed easily, what with the broken links within posts and the missing data on vintage products on the main page, etc. I don't like the appearance of the forum either but, to me, that is nothing compared to the lack of access to the data.

2.1: PC>Schiit Gungnir MB>Schiit Freya Noval>NAD C-270>Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1, HSU STF-2 5.1: HDMI Bitstream>Denon AVR-1910>polkaudio RTE55, CS350-LS, RT3, HSU STF-2, Visio M55-F0
  • ViperZ
    ViperZ Posts: 2,046
    Options
    This horrible new forum is making people go find other places to hang out at.
    Panasonic PT-AE4000U projector for movies
    Carada 106" Precision Series (Classic Cinema White)
    Denon AVR-X3600H pre/pro
    Outlaw 770 7-channel amplifier
    B&W CDM1-SE fronts
    B&W CDM-CNT center
    B&W CDM1 rears on MoPADs
    JBL SP8CII in-ceiling height speakers
    Samsung DTB-H260F OTA HDTV tuner
    DUAL NHT SubTwo subwoofers
    Oppo BDP-93 Blu-Ray player
    Belkin PF60 Power Center
    Harmony 1100 RF remote with RF extender
    Sony XBR-X950G 55" 4K HDR Smart TV + PS3 in the living room
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    +1000. And the real problem is the acceptance of mediocrity by Polk management.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BKphoto
    BKphoto Posts: 409
    Options
    i'm surprised that after all the "this redo sux" they have ignored it and kept it...The website is just wrong in about 10 different ways...

I have threads that were over months ago still on first pages...that shows people are not here like they were...

Polk, admit defeat and redo this...
    Marantz 1152 DC- Denon DP 1200, Soundsmith Carmen MKII- ADS L980 - Blue Jeans IC's
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    Options
    i'm not reading through all the different threads about how terrible this new format is...but has any polk employee said anything about getting it fixed?
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,064
    Options
    I can understand your complaints, I can tell you it's not going to be changed.

So that it's not taken out of context, it's possible that this is just addressing the widescreen issue...but I doubt it.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • BKphoto
    BKphoto Posts: 409
    Options
    well, then people leave...thats what happens...
    Marantz 1152 DC- Denon DP 1200, Soundsmith Carmen MKII- ADS L980 - Blue Jeans IC's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options
    Could be the reason for less posts on the board is we have better things to look at. Like Jennifer Lawrence naked pics....YEOWZA !!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Could be the reason for less posts on the board is we have better things to look at. Like Jennifer Lawrence naked pics....YEOWZA !!

Thought you were more of a Kate Upton girl @tonyb

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    Options
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    I can understand your complaints, I can tell you it's not going to be changed.

So that it's not taken out of context, it's possible that this is just addressing the widescreen issue...but I doubt it.

Thanks. I'll check back in after a couple months to see if things have improved. Pretty damn sad IMO.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    Options
    We were losing some of the most valued members even before this change and the change does not help that.

There is something about this site that seems "childish" and unappealing to many of us. I find it difficult to look at posts for more than a minute or two. And we haven't had many NEW threads either.

Oh, well. I'm off Polk for the day, or week!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • tonyb
    Options
    If it appears childish CNH, and I agree it does, it's because that's the consumer base Polk now courts. Not any more complicated than that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    If it appears childish CNH, and I agree it does, it's because that's the consumer base Polk now courts. Not any more complicated than that.

To those consumers, this new forum is considered an upgrade and they're saying its about time Polk got into the 21st century........
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options

To those consumers, this new forum is considered an upgrade and they're saying its about time Polk got into the 21st century........

Perhaps, but it appears none of them are joining the forum.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• tonyb
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Perhaps, but it appears none of them are joining the forum.

or buying anything other than earbuds. What the younger generation has succeeded in doing is convincing corporations to cater to them by way of the older generations wallets.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Dennis Gardner
    Options
    That's cold Tony, but true. With 5 kids of my own, I'm actually glad that none of them got audiophilia from me. My stash remains safe.......

• Moose68Bash
    Options
    That's cold Tony, but true. With 5 kids of my own, I'm actually glad that none of them got audiophilia from me. My stash remains safe.......

On the other hand, I've done all I can to encourage my children to love music and cultivate their tastes for good sound! :)

Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.