New Work Cans

Options
Picked up a minty fresh new pair of Audio Technica ATH-ANC9's for work. Much better than the 7's, and I've only put about 2 hours on them today. I can't wait to hear how they sound after they're fully broken in.

3 different levels of noise cancelling for various scenarios (plane, office, etc), and a very nice case for travel, with a couple different adapters as well.

These guys combined with the SR71 amp really make work a more enjoyable experience! Victory!
2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"

Comments

• cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited September 2014
    Options
    I'm not that into NC H-phones. And I've heard that, believe it or not, BOSE, makes the best cans in that category. But AT always punch above their price point. That's AT's secret, make a good can at a cheaper price. The ATH-M50s are an example. Certainly not the "best" but as closed cans they compete with anything below $200 and don't cede much in that category!

Have fun!

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    Options
    Yessir, I believe you've hit the nail on the head. Solely from a NC standpoint, Bose was tops of every review. But when you look at NC bang for the buck, I think the AT's stand alone in regards to quality. I got them on sale on Amazon for $175 shipped, so I'm pretty pleased.

I never use NC at home, but I also don't normally use headphones at home at all anymore. No connected neighbors= let the Rti's boom well into the night. I do have a pair of Beyer DT990's for home listening, but they've sadly not been touched in months.

2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"