Musicians here?

Options
Nashvilletitans
Nashvilletitans Posts: 80
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
Was just wondering, are there many musicians here at the forum? Also any members here in central Tn.?
John
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited March 2002
    Options
    i was onec in tenn but i havent gon back sence my ex feoncy dumped me i guess i will allways be a troll and have to tell my up-er jokes any other trolls in here?
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Now, I cannot confirm this, but I believe that it's been mentioned before that Micah can really wail on his skin flute, something of a virtuoso apparently; I'm not in that class, but I've been known to play a little bit of the guitar.
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I'm a trumpet player.....well, I used to be. I've let it slide the last few years. I intend to pick it up again, though. I miss it.

Aaron
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Wannabe trumpet, keyboard and guitar player. Strictly only good enough to annoy the neighbors though.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Yes I am,I have played guitar since I was 9.I also can play Piano,bass,Drums,sing
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Nashvilletitans
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Looks like we have a few players lurking around in here.
    I've been forunate enough to be able to make my living playing music for the last several years here. Always enjoy chatting with other musicians too. Thanks for the responses guys.
    John
  • sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Hi:

Was a musician in the Air Force for 71/2 years. Now am choir director at church and sing. Cannot play anymore due to heart condition.

Gary
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited March 2002
    Options
    i've played guitar for 8 years. started when i was 13.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited March 2002
    Options
    sgtgto, very sorry to hear about your medical condition. I hope that you can stay strong and play your instrument again someday. I wish you the best of luck. God bless,

Aaron (my real name)
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I play drums..well...I did for about 13 yrs till I met my wife... Soon..very soon...I will have another kit. I just want to play covers localy on the weekends..for fun... :cool:
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited March 2002
    Options
  • Jay M
    Jay M Posts: 54
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Hey Trap I play the kit as well. I am also a tenor. What kind of kit do you play? Hey Nash great post I always wonder how many audiophiles are musicians. Do you do session work or jig? What kind of music do you play?

Jason
    Polk Audio Customer Service
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I play tenor, alto, and soprano saxophones.:cool:
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • Nashvilletitans
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Hey Nash great post I always wonder how many audiophiles are musicians. Do you do session work or jig? What kind of music do you play?

Its kinda fun finding out how many POLKers are PLAYers here huh? haha.
    To answer your ? I've been touring with some country artists here for the last 7 years. I grew up playing bluegrass music in Oklahoma and moved to Nashville in 95.

Hey sgtgto ,hang in there buddy and have fun.
  • nascarmann
    nascarmann Posts: 1,464
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Nash I'm from East Tennessee and after about 10 cold ones I play a mean "air guitar" Ha Ha!:eek:
    Oh, the bottle has been to me, my closes friend, my worse enemy!
  • TrappedUnder Ice
    TrappedUnder Ice Posts: 975
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I've been playing Tama's all my life..and have no plans on switching... My last kit was a 10 Pice wine red set of imperialstars: Half rack... loved it.. wish i never had sold it... :(:(
  • axeman
    axeman Posts: 170
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Hey, another guitarist here, for about the last 20 years. Played in a band for 10 years in the Central Florida area, but have not been center stage in a while......................................but oh do I miss it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe:cool:
  • billlb
    billlb Posts: 59
    edited March 2002
    Options
    trombone player from michigan, {go brass}
  • pensacola
    pensacola Posts: 269
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Played trumpet and euphonium in school, and organ and electric bass in church. Nothin' now. Just play my SDA's (and they're always in-tune).;)

Give War A Chance
  • sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Hi:

Thanks guys but my heart is too weak for me to ever play again. I am content to sing and direct now. I have found out that when you lose something the Lord will replace it with something else.

I really enjoy your friendship and our common interest in audio and video.

Remember what Easter is about.

Gary
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited March 2002
    Options
    5th &6th grade band I played the flute. Jethro Tull, The Beatles, and classical music influences. Plus my 3 sisters all played it and we had one. It took years to love that one down. Kids are so cruel.

sgtgto - Sad then glad to hear. Happy Easter indeed! Major irony here.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • wpaules
    wpaules Posts: 101
    edited March 2002
    Options
    French horn. So does my wife!
  • Firerider58
    Firerider58 Posts: 95
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Damn this makes me feel old! But an old drummer here since 71. Most fun I've ever had was playing in a band with some guy's from school around 1975-76. Did all the stuff that was hot at the time, Kiss, Aerosmith, Foghat, Bad Company, etc, etc,, Best part was the free beer at the places we played at, and the nubile little sweetie's that wanted to hang with us. I banged away on an old set of Rogers drums that I got for a Christmas present. I still think I'd like to do it again! Mid-life crisis I guess!! "Ok guy's,,Sweet Emotion for an encore!" LOL!!

Ron
  • nascarmann
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I banged away on an old set of Rogers drums that I got for a Christmas present.

Me too! Oh, no that's not what I did:confused:
  • Firerider58
    Firerider58 Posts: 95
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Alright dammit!! They did'nt have Tamas back then! Had to play the hand that was dealt to me!! LOL!! I still got a lot of leg, regardless of the bogus drum kit. :D

Ron
  • nascarmann
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I still got a lot of leg, regardless of the bogus drum kit.

Lucky basterd:cool: