Sunfire 5x200 amp

Options
Saw this locally at an electronics store near work. We're talking, and he will see if he can get me 900 out the door.

Is that a good price?

Comments

• EndersShadow
    Options
    Its not a GREAT price, but its not horrible either

Helipilotdoug has one for sale thats 900 shipped IIRC

I would ask him what revision it is as there are a couple diff ones, some newer than the others.

I'd double check the meter lights work and that the meter works as well.

I'd also ask if it has been recapped. If so its a decent deal, if its not horrible, but I've seen better
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • LeftCoast
    Options
    Thanks, Enders. I can wait for something better to come along then. lol
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    agree with everything enders said here. The power supply caps will hum eventually if not recapped. Beyond that, good solid amps! I had a 625X2 sig II that was recapped and a 300x2 original. Loved both of them. They can drive basically anything on the market and with the 200X5 heck you can use it to biamp a speaker if you want.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    Options
    Had my Sunfire for a few yrs now and love. Built like a tank and performs very well.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • WastelandWand'r
    Options
    Picked one up for 800 clams a few years back. Everything was fine until the rear channels went the way of the passenger pigeon. I took it as a carry on to Portland and dropped it off with..... crap the name escapes me now, but they are the Sunfire repair people. A couple more hundred and it is as good as new. Well, I hope it is as it is sitting at a relatives home as it was not done before I came home to the wasteland. It still drove the 1C's nicely, just was only a three channel amp before the fix.
    Nathan
    Home Rig

SDA 2.3TL's front and center
    Polk 1000p Center
    Pioneer Elite SC35 Receiver (Pre/Surround
    Sunfire Cinema Grand 5X200-Back in the mix.
    OPPO BDP-93
    Squeezebox
    Stepped up to name brand Speaker Cables and interconnects!
    Monitor 4, 5, 7, 10's, SDA 1B's, 2B's, 2.3TL's, RTA 15TL's all in storage waiting for me.
    Sales Rating #1!!
  • LeftCoast
    LeftCoast Posts: 406
    Options
    I decided to pass on it, and wait until I can get something I really want. Its a good thing too. Unexpectedly had to help out a relative who was in a bind. There goes my play money for now.
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,063
    Options
    I just picked up one that's been re-capped for considerably less than $900. Probably my best bargain find ever.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden