Ebay Store - Refurb RTiA9's

Options
JDFx
JDFx Posts: 36
Old lurker turned new member here.

I found an old post from a few years ago indicating the ebay store is only updated twice per month. Does anyone know if that is still the case?

I've been shopping around for a pair of black RTiA9's. I was hoping to find them new on sale somewhere but haven't had any luck. So, I figured I'd look into buying refurb direct from Polk but their ebay store only has 1 left and a single speaker's not going to do me much good.

TYIA

Comments

• slk55amg
    slk55amg Posts: 305
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I think it is updated every day. Several years back I bought two FXI 3s and right after my purchase they were gone from the website.
    Emotiva XPA5, Sony ES 5300,: Lsi 15,s LSIC, Monitor 70,s, ( side surrounds) FXI 3,s, (rear surrounds)Micropro4000, Velodyne DEQ 10, Sony 55inchXBR 930D Sony BDP 790 Bedroom rig SonyES 3200 RTIA1,s CSIA4 FXI3,s polk PSW 10 SONY 34inch XBR960:cool:SONY BDP550
  • JDFx
    Options
    I would think once purchased the availability would be updated in real time. They may only add items twice per month though.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    Options
    Go for those Cherry RTi12s and call it day bro. They sound awesome.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • JDFx
    edited August 2014
    Options
    I thought about it but they would look so out of place with the grey and black theme of everything else in the room.

I'll just continue to hold out until I see a deal pop up on the black RTiA9's.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,543
    Options
    Or call Polk CS to see if they have any they haven't posted on eBay yet.... I've heard of a couple folks scoring stuff that way.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • JDFx
    Options
    I was actually thinking of doing just that after lunch today.

Tough for me since I work the same hours their sales number is open.
  • JDFx
    edited August 2014
    Options
    So, I called Polk. The one on ebay is currently the only one they have. However, they tried to sell me on the RTi12's and may have succeeded. They'll be getting more RTI12's in black next month. At that price NEW, I will likely go for those.
  • jeremymarcinko
    Options
    The cherry ones look fantastic with the grills on.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • JDFx
    Options
    OH I believe you. Unfortunately everything else in the room they are going in is black and grey.

I'm horrible and picturing colors and whether or not they'd go together so I try to stick with neutral colors. If I could find a pick of the cherry's in a room where everything else is greys and black, it would give me an idea how it would look. Who knows, I may actually like it. I'll use the weekend to scour the web for sample pictures. Maybe I'll order the cherry's on Monday and have them in time for the long weekend.
  • JDFx
    Options
    Got home and realized I forgot about my Swan M200MkII's on my computer desk had the pseudo stained wood sides. Looked good so I pulled the trigger on the RTi12's.

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    Very good. What are you planning to power them with? The Rti12's like the RtiA9's do need some quality power to sound their best.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • JDFx
    Options
    Planning on getting a Parasound 2250v2. Not sure when though. For now I'll just use my Marantz SR5009.
  • oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Options
    Sweet purchase on the 12's, I have a 2250, have wanted to try the v2 or hear from someone who is running it...