What's Up... No Replys!!!!

Options
haroo
haroo Posts: 83
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
WELL, IT'S NOW 6 HOURS LATER FROM THE TIME THAT I POSTED ...
" PLEASE ADVISE ON THIS UPGRADE"...
WITH NO THANKX TO MY "FELLOW POLKIES" I JUST GOT CHOKED AT ALL OF YOU AND WENT AND PAIED FOR THE MARANTZ SR-18EX....
I SURE COULD OF USED SOME IN PUT FROM THE 35PPL THAT READ THE POST :(
BUT NO.... YOU GUYS LET A FELLOW POLKIE DROP $2700.00 WITH NO INFO, MAN O' MAN WHAT UP WITH THAT ..."EH?!?"
I SEE ALL THESE REPLYS TO OTHER POSTS IN A DAY , BUT NONE TO MINE?!?
I HOPE THAT YOU GUYS... AND GALS, CAN HELP A LITTLE WHEN IT COMES TO TRING TO HOOK THE MARANTZ UP...
-THX.... LOL (YA' THATS RIGHT!!! T-H-X) FOR NUTTIN'
...HAROO:mad:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
--MARANTZ SR18ex 140wpc x 5 (high current/direct amp)thx-ex "ultra"
electrohome tube amp 15watt. pr channel(aprox.1955a.d.) for 2 channel audio{recently recapped& tubed-5ar4power rect. & 12au7)
-kenwood amp(km-996/140wpc(used for 7.1 rears(thx ex)
-toshiba dvd video/audio player(progressive scan) sd-4700
-sony sacd cd player scd-xe670
-nakamichi "music bank cd player "6+1disk(20bit dac)
-toshiba hifi vcr (v3 pro head)
-motorola digital cable box
-RCA 32' "home theater" PIP tv
-polk RT800i x 2 (mains) ~bi-wired
-polk sc400i x 1 (center) ~bi-wired
-polk fx300i x 2 (side fx) ~di-pole
-polk r10 x 2 (rears)
-polk pws250 (powered sub)
-2x173ltr(48"-16")sono subs(powered by kenwood kr-7200 250watt & w/ audiosource EQ (model eq eight/series II)
-Thorens td-166 mk II/Grado silver fs1
-Thorens td-160/empire 66cart
-Dual 601
-D.I.Y. carfea "little big horns"-(pioneer full range 8" & fostex 4" compression horn tweaters
-sony (ps1)
-sony (ps2)

-haroo, "GOD gave you the gift of sound, Your gift to God is what you do with it!"
"marantz haroo"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I, for one, have no idea what a Marantz SR-18EX is. If it would've made you feel any better I could have made up some assinine advice and totally talked out my ****.

Aaron
  • haroo
    haroo Posts: 83
    edited March 2002
    Options
    PRODUCTS: Overview
    [IMG]http://C:\My Documents\My Pictures\stereo pix\u_sr18ex_med.gif[/IMG]

SR-18EX
    THX ULTRA® DIGITAL SURROUND RECEIVER

The Marantz Reference Series SR-18EX Digital Surround Receiver is a high-end home theater receiver engineered to deliver the ultimate in sonic performance and operational flexibility. The THX Ultra®-certified SR-18EX features THX Surround EX and DTS 6.1-channel decoding for heightened surround sound realism, along with cutting-edge digital audio technologies such as 24-bit, 192kHz D/A conversion and HDCD processing that take home theater receiver performance to a dramatic new level.
    FEATURES
    THX Surround EX decoding for unsurpassed surround sound home theater realism
    Dolby Digital and DTS compatibility
    140 watts to each of the five main channels
    192kHz/24-bit decoding for highest possible fidelity
    Three sets of component video inputs
    THX post-processing
    HDCD decoding and processing
    Connections for external stereo amplifier
    Extensive array of analog and digital audio and video inputs and outputs
    Supplied with RC2000 Mk II remote control
    Six-channel direct inputs and 7.1-channel preamp outputs
    AM/FM tuner with Gyro Touch Tuning and 50 station presets
    Easy to use on-screen menus
    Source Direct switch bypasses tone controls for purest audio quality
    Multi-room, multi-source function

DOES THIS HELP?!?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    --MARANTZ SR18ex 140wpc x 5 (high current/direct amp)thx-ex "ultra"
    electrohome tube amp 15watt. pr channel(aprox.1955a.d.) for 2 channel audio{recently recapped& tubed-5ar4power rect. & 12au7)
    -kenwood amp(km-996/140wpc(used for 7.1 rears(thx ex)
    -toshiba dvd video/audio player(progressive scan) sd-4700
    -sony sacd cd player scd-xe670
    -nakamichi "music bank cd player "6+1disk(20bit dac)
    -toshiba hifi vcr (v3 pro head)
    -motorola digital cable box
    -RCA 32' "home theater" PIP tv
    -polk RT800i x 2 (mains) ~bi-wired
    -polk sc400i x 1 (center) ~bi-wired
    -polk fx300i x 2 (side fx) ~di-pole
    -polk r10 x 2 (rears)
    -polk pws250 (powered sub)
    -2x173ltr(48"-16")sono subs(powered by kenwood kr-7200 250watt & w/ audiosource EQ (model eq eight/series II)
    -Thorens td-166 mk II/Grado silver fs1
    -Thorens td-160/empire 66cart
    -Dual 601
    -D.I.Y. carfea "little big horns"-(pioneer full range 8" & fostex 4" compression horn tweaters
    -sony (ps1)
    -sony (ps2)

-haroo, "GOD gave you the gift of sound, Your gift to God is what you do with it!"
    "marantz haroo"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • Aaron
    Aaron Posts: 1,853
    edited March 2002
    Options
    I could have looked that crap up, but I still wouldn't have been able to give you a whole lot of meaningful input. I've never seen, and more importanty, never heard the piece. But hey, it seems nice. Does that make you feel better?

Aaron
  • OrangeToupee
    OrangeToupee Posts: 488
    edited March 2002
    Options
    It reads as though it will sound awesome, and it had better for the cash you paid.
  • sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited March 2002
    Options
    HI:

I respectfully request that you do what some of the rest of us do when we decide to purchase a piece of equipment. Choose a list of applicants and go over them one by one until you come up with what will suit your needs and pocketbook.

Could be no one answered because they were not familiar with this receiver.

Gary
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2002
    Options
    does any one have any (good or bad)info on this setup.
    I assume that it is quite probable that none of the 35PPL that you refer to did not have any information. If they had I'm sure they would have shared it with you. No one around here seems to be shy when it comes to opinions. My advice is to calm down and quit YELLING!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Firerider58
    Firerider58 Posts: 95
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Jeez!! Relax bro!! Obviously, most of the good people here don't have any info to share with you regarding the piece of equipment you're inquiring about. Much like a post that I put up a week or so back, asking if anyone knew anything about a 20 year old pair of floor speakers I own. Lot's of looks, but no replies. Oh well, guess I should just get pissed at all of them huh?? I mostly look here, and don't post a lot, but the majority of the times that I have had a question, I have found nothing but some good folk's who are willing to share their expertise with anyone. Provided that is, that they know anything about the product you're asking about. Now,,,take some deep breaths, and enjoy that Marantz. Fantastic equipment, but out of my budget right now.

Ron
  • juice21
    juice21 Posts: 1,866
    edited March 2002
    Options
    from the specs. it looks like a quality reciever. never having heard one (only hearing of the name) i couldn't help you out. enjoy it, and let us know how it sounds...:D
  • CHRIS
    CHRIS Posts: 454
    edited March 2002
    Options
    1 I never saw your post. 2 I don't give advice on something I know nothing about. It would not be the right thing to do. Do you really want a guess about the product your asking about? Plus some don't come the forum until night. I come to the forum in the AM generally. You expect a reply in hours? Give us a chance before you give us **** about not replying. Cool off man its not like you couldn't have waited another day to buy. With that said you put yourself in the situation your in.
    Chris :)
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Haroo,
    feel good in your choice of receiver.It is a well made peice.It's one of the best sounding receiver's on the market.It has a warm, clean, powerfull sound.Your Polk's should and will sing like they never did in the past.
    You could of done alot worse.
    Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2002
    Options
    You didn't actually buy the MARANTZ SR-18EX did you? You should have asked for opinions of it on the Polk site first!:D
    Just kidding, I'm sure it's a good receiver.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • wangotango68
    wangotango68 Posts: 1,056
    edited March 2002
    Options
    ive had threads on here that have got no responce's from anyone so don't fell bad. and why would you buy that expencive
    reciever without reserching it online or at a store?

scott:confused:
  • billlb
    billlb Posts: 59
    edited March 2002
    Options
    Haroo: Just relax buddy, If it's any consolation you actually purchased one of the best receivers on the market. Just before I went to separates I had my choice narrowed down to the marantz and the denon 5700 which I bought because of a better deal. You will enjoy that tremendously i'm sure and it goes good with our polks. Have fun with it brother we are all polk family.
  • joe logston
    joe logston Posts: 882
    edited March 2002
    Options
    want my repley i realy dont like marantz i think they are over priced for what they are, you can get better for cheaper. sorry thats what i think.
    . rt-7 mains
    rt-20p surounds
    cs-400i front center
    cs-350 ls rear center
    2 energy take 5, efects
    2- psw-650 , subs
    1- 15" audiosource sub

lets all go to the next ces.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2002
    Options
    haroo,
    this is a Polk audio forum not a Marantz forum. i think you may have not gotten any responses because your new Marantz receiver is a bit out of some peoples price range (mine) and no one here has any experience with it yet. plus 6 hours is not a long time to wait. was this an impusle buy? I usually take 24 hours to think and shop around before I buy something like that.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: