Bought new Buckle headphones -- 2.5mm cable????????

Options
thoots
thoots Posts: 1
edited July 2014 in Headphones
Folks,

I'm relatively aghast at what appears to be a totally proprietary cable that came with my new Buckle headphones -- with the usual 3.5mm plug on one end, and a 2.5mm plug that goes into the headphones. Great. Wonderful. All of the heretofore "perfect" cables I own are now 100% useless with these headphones.

It wouldn't be so bad, except that this cable has "three rings" -- and after a halfway exhaustive search on the Internet, I cannot find a three-ring 2.5mm / 3.5mm cable for sale anywhere, period. Perhaps I might be able to find an adapter, but I really really really don't like the idea of having a big, honking adapter hanging off the end of the headphones.

At any rate, I sure would like to have a LONGER cable than the one, precious cable that came with the headphones. And I sure don't like the idea of having an ultra-proprietary cable, should it ever go bad on me.

So, can anyone help me with alternatives here? Would two-ring cables work just fine for me? I have absolutely no intention of using "iPod controls" for that matter -- I just want a decent, long-enough cable to use these things with.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

thoots
Post edited by thoots on

Comments