Foreplay

Options
dcarlson
dcarlson Posts: 1,740
edited July 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Probably not what you're thinking by the title. ;)

My Bottlehead Foreplay tube preamp kit came in the mail yesterday. Woohoo, no cross border fees or anything!!!

Here's a pic.
SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
Post edited by dcarlson on

Comments

• dcarlson
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Can you make out the LP in the top right corner? No Photoshop if you can.

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Highway to Hell broham.

Now built that Foreplay, so you can sell it to me, and build another for yourself.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dcarlson
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Righteo.

Gotta get the metal plate painted then I'm gonna get started. ;)

• Pauly
    Pauly Posts: 4,519
    edited July 2004
    Options
    How much that run you bro?
    Life without music would
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2004
    Options
    The kit is $149, dual mono design.

A steal for a tube line stage, if you are handy with the iron.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dcarlson
    edited July 2004
    Options
    They just raised the price. It's now $179.

I added the upgrades as well.

http://www.bottlehead.com/et/adobespc/foreplay/foreplay_line_stage_kit.htm#fp%20order

• bmsavoie
    bmsavoie Posts: 32
    edited July 2004
    Options
    what kind of amp are you running that foreplay with?
  • dcarlson
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I'll try it with a Dynaco ST-70.

• bmsavoie
    bmsavoie Posts: 32
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I was looking at that pre also, can't wait to hear how yours turns out. Seems like a decent price to get started with tubes. Let us know how easy or hard the assembly part turns out Thanks Brian
  • dcarlson
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Sure will. ;)

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Sweeeet! Keep us posted. Can't wait to hear your results. What brand tubes did you get with it?

For the metal plate, check out Madmax's response on my thread (second last post). It looks very nice on pics. http://clubpolk.polkaudio.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=18322&highlight=foreplay

Maurice
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited July 2004
    Options
    As mentioned before; KEEP US POSTED! Seriously though, I have been looking at that bottlehead stuff for a while now. Hope your project goes smoothly.
  • dcarlson
    edited July 2004
    Options
    My neighbor recently painted his Jeep a Sahara green. I was thinking of getting him to give it a couple of squirts of the same.

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Powdercoating is many times more durable, and available in a multitude of colors. Check out your local phonebook.

Great project, and I am looking forward to the completed gear.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dcarlson
    edited July 2004
    Options
    There's one powder coating place here, I'll give them a call. I'd like to get it chrome plated if I could.

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Take pics as you go along!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 903
    edited July 2004
    Options
    So, you finished yet? :D
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by dcarlson
    My Bottlehead Foreplay tube preamp kit came in the mail yesterday. Woohoo, no cross border fees or anything!!!

Lol thats what I thought when I got my speaks from washington.... Did I get away with no border or customs fees? Nope..... a couple weeks later I got an eighty five dollar bill from fed ex for a few things (brokerage fees, taxes etc...). I'm just sayin be careful before thinkin you got away tax free. Have fun building your new pre :D .

Michael
  • dcarlson
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Haven't even started yet. :D

It was shipped USPS so I hope I'm done with any fees.

• dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited July 2004
    Options
    What's up with these fee's in Canada anyway? :confused:
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dcarlson
    edited July 2004
    Options
    It's cross border duties and UPS tacks on a rediculous brokerage amount.

• organ
    organ Posts: 4,969
    edited July 2004
    Options
    You got the upgrade kits as well right?

You won't get any brokerage fee or anything. If you buy from the company or online stores, they won't charge you anything. They didn't ask for money when my ASL came in. No charge for tubes from triode electronics too.

Maurice
  • dcarlson
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I did get the upgrades.

I did get charged, it came in the mail this week. $30, not bad.