Anybody else go 4-wheelin' ?

Options
Frank Z
Frank Z Posts: 5,860
edited February 29 in Clubhouse Archives
Started taking my family camping/fishing/off-road exploring this summer. Spending as little time at home as possible. I live in one of the most beautiful places on earth and finally got around to showing it to my kids.

How about it? Anyone else?
9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• warviper
    warviper Posts: 585
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Good for you Frank I dont spend nearly enough time with my kids. I should realy put more effort into it they grow up so fast. The back yards as far as I go to get outdoors.:(
    Wish I was a polkologist then I could call my self Dr.warviper.
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited July 2004
    Options
    DSC00019.JPG
    Me and my GF out on the trails earlier this year.

DSC00015.JPG
    There's some pretty beautiful stuff outside of the computer room :-)
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • Frank Z
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Nadams,
    Cool pics! Been thinking about mounting my Cam-corder on the front of my Durango next time I hit the trails, could be interesting.

WV,
    You're missing out! Get your fanny out of the yard and up in the hills, your kids will have a blast!!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited July 2004
    Options
    My old man owns a Kodiak that we use around his house. It's really fun and i'd like to get into it more someday.
  • Frank Z
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Not ATV's, 4x4's!!
  • HBombToo
    HBombToo Posts: 5,256
    edited July 2004
    Options
    The great outdoors is great if I'm on a boat or near a hotel:)

4 years in the USARMY took all the adventure out of me.

HBomb
    ***WAREMTAE***
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I will NEVER sleep in a tent, of my own free will, AGAIN!

Roughing it is a hotel without room service.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Sorry, I have not yet had the opportunity to take my truck out on any trails. First thing I need to do before that is get new tires, and that's not happening until the one's that are on it could pass as racing slicks.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited July 2004
    Options
    i've off roaded with my jeep 1996 jeep cherokee sport in the past, havent lately though. would much rather beat on my atv (honda 300ex). its not to say i did not enjoy doing it. my jeep never ceased to amaze me in stock trim. the 4.0 litre I6 has plenty of power, and no matter what trouble i got into (and i did get into trouble on occation), the jeep allways managed to get me out of it. Just love my little jeep!!!:D

also, effin unstoppable in the snow, even with road touring tires.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Frank Z
    edited July 2004
    Options
    If business picks up soon I'm going to add a 3" Rancho lift to the Durango, that should open up quite a few more trails to us. Our approach angle is a bit limited at stock ride height.

If anyone is looking for a list of 4x4 trails in your state, check out this link. I've found quite a few in my area that I plan on visiting.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited July 2004
    Options
    We used to hit the old logging trails in Northern Wisconsin when I was younger. I haven't done that in a looong time, but it was a ton of fun.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited July 2004
    Options
    When do we get to see pics of the durango stuck in the middle of nowhere in 3' of mud?
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Frank Z
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Not to many places to get stuck in the mud around here, but we do have some of the best 4x4 trails in the nation. I'll snap a few pics next time I go.
  • goingganzo
    goingganzo Posts: 2,793
    edited July 2004
    Options
    i usto go 4 weelin in my chevy sprectum all the time lol i framed it a few times but it was a pos car and yes it was a car. and i got stuck less than my frend with a ranger.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Gonzo, they call that driver skill. :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• VE6OHV
    VE6OHV Posts: 119
    edited July 2004
    Options
    My website.....

http://www.highriders.ca

Enjoy the Videos! We put a lot of work into them - The DVD is much better quality of course.

The rest of my club affiliated sites

http://www.eco.ab.ca
    http://www.bogginfreaks.com
    http://www.na4wda.org
    http://www.4wheeler.ca
    http://www.canadianjeeper.com

I live and breath 4x4's - Not quads or ATV's - Jeep's are my specialty.
  • Frank Z
    edited July 2004
    Options
    VE6OHV,
    Nice web site and great pic's/videos!
  • Frank Z
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Did a little more off-road driving today. I really need to get a lift kit. Bent the passenger side Nerf Bar.
  • Frank Z
    edited July 2004
    Options
    A nice little drop-off....
  • F1nut
    edited July 2004
    Options
    My old Landcruiser on top of a mountain near Frederick, MD. Talk about a stump pulling ****! :D

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    edited July 2004
    Options
    This was after another very good day at the races.

President of Club Polk

• Dr. Spec
    Dr. Spec Posts: 3,780
    edited August 2004
    Options
    '99 F-150 Supercab 5.4 Triton 4x4 Off Road package. All off-roading is done to support hunting related activities, and not as a stand-alone sport or hobby. Step-up bars scrape the ground on occasion, and may have to be removed.

Ditto for the '04 Polaris Sportsman 400 with upgraded wheels/tires, racks, and a Warn 2500# winch. This bugger saw plenty of heavy off-road use last season.
    "What we do in life echoes in eternity"

Ed Mullen (emullen@svsound.com)
    Director - Technology and Customer Service
    SVS
  • Frank Z
    edited August 2004
    Options
    F1,
    What kind of races? Your Toy looks sweet covered in mud!

Doc,
    I figured you need to do a little wheelin' in order to decimate the local wildlife.;)
  • F1nut
    edited August 2004
    Options
    Frank,

Thanks, yours looks good crawling on the rocks. :D

I did some rocky stuff in Arizona a few times, it's quite different than here. When I use to own that truck I raced it in sponsored events held by local clubs in the area. Some were timed off road courses in the back country and others were held in open fields with obstacle courses, drag races, mud bogs, blind-folded driver with co-pilot and other goofy stuff. If you have a club in your area you might want to check them out, it can be a lot of fun.

A quick tip, install a K&N air filter. It'll help keep all that dust you have out there out of your engine and boosts hp a bit too. If you start doing mods to your truck I found that a softer rather than rock hard suspension works a lot better. It's easier on the kidneys too. Oh yeah, get a roll bar! No, I never rolled any of my trucks, but was in a buddies truck when he rolled and thank God for the roll bar.

Jesse

President of Club Polk

• madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited August 2004
    Options
    OK, Now we know for sure Frank is one of those crazy people you hear about. :D

Nice toyota F1. Always wanted one of those!

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Frank Z
    edited August 2004
    Options
    3" lift with a rear axle over spring conversion is planned, My wife is only 5'2 and refuses to use a ladder to get in and out of the truck. We used to go a lot, but slacked off after the kids were born. I shouldn't have waited as long as I did to get them off-road and out to the fishin' hole.

Previous 4x4's were a CJ-5 with a well massaged 304 and a Mitsubishi pick-up....That little truck was amazing.

I can't get too carried away in the wifes Durango, but with the future mods already approved;) , We'll be spending some time under the truck getting all greasy and nasty....might even work on th truck too!:D