polk and mtx ?'s

Options
13th step
13th step Posts: 4
edited July 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
hi polk members, i had a question regarding my system setup, i have a kenwood excelon kdc-x879 head unit, a pair of 6 1/2 db6500 component speakers in the front , a pair of 6 1/2 db650 in the rear, a pair of polk dx12's that i have built a bandpass box for, and a mtx thunder 225HO amplifier. i have run my polk subwoofers in parrellel and i also bridged them. i was wondering if it would be ok to hook up my component speakers up to the same amp. also , how would i get the most power out of my amplifier? (buy more woofers? dual voice coils? etc. ) thanks
Post edited by 13th step on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Bad name choice! :mad:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• 13th step
    13th step Posts: 4
    edited July 2004
    Options
    this is the site of my amplifier,
    http://www.mtxaudio.com/caraudio/archive/thunder225ho.cfm
    i was also thinking about buying a couple of the new db 12's either the dual voice coil or the single . most likely the dual. any recommendations.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited July 2004
    Options
    You'll get more help if you post in the Car Audio Forums.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Actually, he'd get more help by doing his First Step again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk