i think im hooked on Old polks

Options
faster100
faster100 Posts: 6,124
edited July 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
Well went over puals for a demo of his Monitor 10's on my tube amp, talk about sounding good! limitless power it seemed and bass, wow those things are pretty nice..... I'm into vintage stuff big time but not speakers, never have been... Paul had the M7's and they were ok, nothing crazy to me...... He got the 10's and these things sound really good. Got me rethinking my speaker setup, The lsi's are nice and high end, but with the tube amp.. dunno not total magic! I may start looking at the smaller SDA line, lets hear some models to watch and prices to expect, on the low and high side... so i know what to look for.... Going to be a bit before i have the money for them., But want to start searching and getting a feel for what to look for.
MY HT RIG:
Sherwood p-965
Sherwood sd871 dvd
Rotel 1075 amp x5
LSI15 mains
LsiC center
LSIfx surround backs
Lsi7 side surrounds
SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
Rotel 1080 stereo amp
Polk sda 2B
kenwood grunt Tuner
realistic lab 450 TT
Signal cable IC
Post edited by faster100 on

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited July 2004
    Options
    The Monitor 10 to put Polk Audio on the map, in my opinion. A great classic speaker...
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Faster,

If you are gonna look at the smaller SDA's then don't overlook the CRS+'s not only for SDA but overall sound. They may be a tad weak in the bass department but for a relatively small speaker they have great sound imho.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited July 2004
    Options
    With the tubes and SDA try to stay with 1C's or larger because they will be louder. Really, 2.3's or 1.2's are much more reasonable with tubes.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I have the S10's and to be honest, I have always enjoyed the way they sing!
    I don't know how they compare to the mon 10, I would think they would be close?? (anyone heard the two?)
    Do the mon 10's need good clean power like the S10's do?
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by ninerbj

Do the mon 10's need good clean power like the S10's do?

Call me crazy but I would go out on a limb and say that good clean power is always a good idea.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by TroyD
    Call me crazy but I would go out on a limb and say that good clean power is always a good idea.

BDT

<SNORT!>

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited July 2004
    Options
    OK....ya crazy bastage!:D
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."