Got some new toys YEAH!

Options
organ
organ Posts: 4,969
edited July 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
I got an Audio Alchemy DTI+ and DDE V1.1. BIG thanks to Dragon1952. Man, I love the AA DAC's. I feel like they're tuned for my ears. Sound is THICK and syrupy. I love it. Bass is killer.

I'm listening to Sarah Brightman's "Time to say Goodbye" album and it brings out the emotions like there's no tomorrow. I'm getting goosebumps too and almost brought a tear which is very rare. Feels like I got a tube DAC or something just like DITB. Gotta love those AA stuff.

Now I've got a question for those farmiliar with AA. What does the "Emphasis" feature do and how do I engage it?

Maurice
Post edited by organ on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,802
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Congrats and I can't help you. :)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited July 2004
    Options
    congrats!

DAC's are wonderful things...

what more can you tell us about the differences you are hearing in your music now the was missing before you installed the AA DAC?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • organ
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Thanks guys.

Forget about the 'emphasis' thing. I found my answers over at audio asylum.

Al,
    Yeah, DAC's are amazing. I had the DAC-in-the-BOX before the DDE. The DITB was also by Audio Alchemy. The sound signature is similar. Instead of sounding cold and clinical like my NAD's internal DAC, the AA stuff have a 'thicker' sound. The highs sounds much more realistic. The DDE have more HF extension than the DITB. The sound is very smooth, kinda tube-like. Now the bass is crazy. My PSW650 never reached this low before. I couldn't believe it. It's hard to tell which component is making the bigest difference. The DDE have a larger power supply than my previous DAC. Also, I've got my DTI and DTI+ jitter reducer connected in series for very low jitter. Overall, I'm extremely impressed because the dynamics hit so hard now. The dynamic range in vocals can clearly be heard.

I love AA's sound. Compared to my NAD's DAC, both the AA DITB and DDE have a more up close and personal feel when it comes to presenation. The NAD sounds like a concert in a large venue while the AA DAC's sounds like it's in a smaller venue and more intimate. Also, the AA stuff still sounds like music when cranked up. The NAD's DAC can sound annoying at high volumes.

Maurice
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Awesome! Don't you love it when it just 'comes together'?

Just wait till your new line stage shows up next week, then you'll really be f$%ked!!!

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited July 2004
    Options
    what is this Christmas in July?? i love new toys....... Enjoy Organ
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • organ
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Sean,
    Only have 2 systems set up. RF-35 and LSi9. Anymore and I'll get kicked out of the house lol.

Man, you have enough gear for like 10 systems:). So do you have anything new coming?

btw, I picked up Nightwish's 'Once' yesterday before work. I LOVE it. Similar to 'Century Child'. The sound quality is superb. Did you hear those killer bass slams on track 2 (Wish I had an Angel)?

Russ,
    Oh yeah. I thought it was perfect last year but damn. I'm going to have a killer system. I think I'm going to buy some baby diapers and strap them on when the GTA arrives. I just know I'm going to crap my pants.

Faster,
    I thought it was going to be like Christmas until the UPS dude asked for a $90 brokarage fee.

Man, we're really having fun here. You "stole" a Dyna and have some more tubes coming. When can we expect a review of your ST-70?

Maurice
  • faster100
    faster100 Posts: 6,124
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by organ

Man, we're really having fun here. You "stole" a Dyna and have some more tubes coming. When can we expect a review of your ST-70?

Maurice

soon as my kids let me have a decent demo alone.. I plan to maybe tote this to pauls(spazpitbulls) this weekend to try on his Monitor 10's... along with my rotel for comparison...
    MY HT RIG:
    Sherwood p-965
    Sherwood sd871 dvd
    Rotel 1075 amp x5
    LSI15 mains
    LsiC center
    LSIfx surround backs
    Lsi7 side surrounds
    SVS pb12/plus2

2 Channel Rig:

nad 1020 Pre-amp
    Rotel 1080 stereo amp
    Polk sda 2B
    kenwood grunt Tuner
    realistic lab 450 TT
    Signal cable IC
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I'm glad you're enjoying them, bud! You're making me want them back though! :(
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,894
    edited July 2004
    Options
    I thought it was going to be like Christmas until the UPS dude asked for a $90 brokarage fee.

Come again!?!?! :confused: What up with that?
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Inakustik Reference USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Nothing like adding more power cords to your system :) Have fun Maurice.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited July 2004
    Options
    GTA, as in?????
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by ATCVenom
    Got in a Musical Fidelity A3.2 integrated, - yep - the very one Ive been pining over for over a year. It matches with the Totems so damned well I just cant turn it off.

ahhh...the Musical Fidelity magic. Wonderful, isn't it?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited July 2004
    Options
    GTA = Golden Tube Audio
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • dcarlson
    dcarlson Posts: 1,740
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Thought so. Thanks.
    SDA-2a, Anthem Pre-2L, Anthem Amp 1, MF A324 DAC, Rotel RCD1070

Senn HD650 Cardas, Mapletree Audio Ear+ HD2, Kimber KS1030, Bel Canto DAC2, M-Audio Transit, Laptop.
  • organ
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Faster,
    Careful, Paul might want to keep your ST-70;).

Sean,
    Yeah, they know they can't stop us lol. My mom is cool with my new purchases now because she knows I buy used.

Glad to hear you finished the PC rig and congrats on the MF. I know how much you wanted one before.

Beautiful album art? I'll have to take a second look. I was looking at pics of the beautiful Tarja Turunen and didn't notice the artwork;). Man, I can't get enough of that album. I love the sound, diversity and epic feel.

Enjoy your trip.

Dragon,
    No worries bud. I was expecting some sort of brokarage fee. Everything's cool. I'm really ejoying them. It's worth the extra cash. I know they go for a lot more on agon. Thanks again.

Derick,
    Yeah, like Doro said. Golden Tube Audio pre amp. Single Ended Triode output. A single 6922/6DJ8 twin triode tube. One triode stage for each channel. I'm so juiced.

Maurice