I think my dB's are finally gonna bite the dust

Jstas
Jstas Posts: 14,707
edited April 2014 in Car Audio & Electronics
Right channel is making a rattling noise. I'm hoping it's just a mounting bracket that's gone wonky.

They were bought new in 1996.
Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
Post edited by Jstas on

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2014
    Well that sucks. Maybe youre right and once you dig into the doors, its just something inside the door itself thats causing the problem and not the speaker itself. Thats happened to me a time or two. Think a speaker has crapped out and its a piece of trim thats causing all the problem.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Jstas
    edited April 2014
    I'm hoping so 'cause this summer I was going to tear the system apart and rewire it for bi-amping and rebuild the sub box so it fits behind the seat better.

• Jstas
    edited April 2014
    I had a set of MMC6500's that I stuck in a friend's Jeep when they were new. They were nice but the dB Series out classed them.

I'm not talking the recent series that they released to replace the old EX lines. I'm talking about the dB Series that replaced the original Mobile Monitor series.

The DX series was close but a little too bright. The current DXi line is also close. I have not heard the new MM series because nobody local has them available for a demo which is disappointing. I'd imagine that they would be on par since they use a soft dome tweeter with a polycomposite cone. The only real difference is the neodymium magnets vs the ferro magnets on the old dB Series. The only car audio speakers from Polk Audio that ever bested the old dB Series IMO was the SR line and good luck finding those!

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited April 2014
    Yep. I've got 2 sets of the SR's and the only way I'm getting rid of them is from my cold dead hand. LOL! One of the best woofers ever made IMO with one of the best small format tweeters ever.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D