Comparison vs. other Headsets - closed. Honestly?

Holger
Holger Posts: 10
edited April 2014 in Video Games
Hi there.
I am a bit badly surpriced that POLK did close this thread! Why was that? I read through all posts. It looks like that POLK doesn't like to hear that customers aren't happy with there POLK 4 SHOT product! KEN from POLK did disapear because I couldn't find an re-post after we got our 4 SHOT headset and figured out it isn't really a gaming headset. I did connect the headset with my cellphone and homephone and still the mic does not work fine at all. And with sending out the extra mic on release date of the headset (considering that the extra mics had to be produced and shipped from China around the clobe) POLK did know from the beginning that the microphone on the POLK 4 SHOT didn't work! So people who blame Microsoft for the sh*** microphone don't know how that works with software provided from audio suppliers. POLK is providing the software to the headsets - not Microsoft! So what POLK is now trying to do is tweaking there own software to get a bit more sound out of the microphone. Microsoft is asking for that patch a couple of $$$$ to release it and nothing more.

For people here who defend POLK - they should start thinking how POLK did get so fast the "extra boom mics" for the 4 SHOT's?
Because POLK did know it long time ago!
Post edited by Holger on

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited April 2014
    Hello,
    That thread was closed after an especially heated exchange between a few CP members, those exchanges were deleted from the thread. Once a thread becomes less about the original subject and more about individual invectiveness it is closed and if severe enough it is deleted.
    Regards, Ken
  • SoleSky
    SoleSky Posts: 10
    edited April 2014
    Did you read the exchanges between some of the users? It was clearly an off-topic heated debate that completely branched away from the subject at hand. Any other forum would have done the same thing long ago.
  • shepx2
    shepx2 Posts: 646
    edited April 2014
    Holger wrote: »
    POLK is providing the software to the headsets - not Microsoft!

I really hope you don't believe that. How in the world would Polk provide low-level software and firmware code for a product (xboxone) they don't own?
  • Holger
    edited April 2014
    I think KEN could give us some input. But I have seen some pics and youtoube clips with POLK and Microsoft. But again. POLK has already known that the micro didn't work before they send the headsets out. No company spends money up front on extra mic's including shipping, if they do not know about the faulty headset's/software. Why are the Turtle Beach headsets (ATLAS/XoFOUR/XoSEVEN) do work from the start? (Please do not point out their microphone design!)

POLK was asked from Microsoft (?) or the other way around and decided to get the headset design POLK liked better. And yes. I believe that POLK did work on the software for their headsets. Alone or with Microsoft together. I have Monster in-earphone copper turbine and it works way better on my cellphone. I should test it with the Microsoft adapter before I make my decision if I change to Turtle Beach. I only got the headset (my first one!) and it does not what POLK promised. And I am not running to buy three other XBOX ONE headsets because the other ones have a working microphone "out of the box"!

And yes. I did see that users got "really involved" off-topic. But closing the thread instead of deleting comments with a "nice" warning from the MODS would be fair to the THREAD STARTER.

POLK has known what they deliver and should have known that customers are getting upset with faulty products.
    (see faulty software: EA games products / Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge customers, yes I own all of them.)

Companies pushing out unfinished products and expecting that customers are happy with it.
    I am absolutely sure that KEN and all others did know what they release! No offense!

That's how CEO's/COO's are running there companies in these days now. See Xbox ONE faulty software. Battlefield 4 and all the other BETA releases. 10 years ago - not one company would have delivered a unfinished product without feeling a really big "dive" in there wallets! $$$$$$
  • sframsden3
    sframsden3 Posts: 52
    edited April 2014
    Dude, first can you stop capitalizing Polk everywhere. Second, companies these days are under a lot of pressure to release things as quickly as possible due to increased pressure from competitors, etc. Look at Apple for instance who is a company that has historically been well known for great quality but in the recent past has come under some scrutiny with some quality concerns (Antennagate as an example, and how did they rectify the problem... by offering free bumper cases to all iPhone owners).

Crap happens, get over it. It isn't the first time and won't be the last time.
  • Holger
    edited April 2014
    sframden3

Sorry! But I don't think that I am a "Dude". And again. POLK did send out a faulty product. It is clearly NOT working with the XBOX ONE as it should be, because it was designed to work specially with the Xbox One! And for that POLK did a really sh*** job!

But again. If a lot people here on this forum getting to much pocket money from their parents to buy "crapy headsets" - that is there free will. Adults like me are not satisfied with this kind of products. If I would own a company and would have customers like you, I would thrown unfinished products every week at you. Why? Because you do not care what you buy! So I as the owner would be happy for the "Cha-ching $$$$" every time and would write back to you: "Crap happens! Go over it!" :-P
  • sframsden3
    edited April 2014
    The XBox One is an unfinished product, constantly getting worked on and getting bug fixes and updates. Are you complaining about that all over the internet as well, or is there some reason you are out to specifically get Polk and try to singlehandedly show them a lesson?

The news of the mic issue is something Polk is aware of and is actively trying to solve. In the meantime we are getting, or have already received, a boom mic to hold us over.
  • Holger
    edited April 2014
    @sframsden3
    1.) Is POLK Audio selling this headset as a gaming headset?
    2.) Did POLK Audio still post everywhere that it is a gaming headset?
    3.) Was POLK aware that the headset wasn't working on release date with the XBOX ONE?

I am sure your answers are 3 times YES. I do not know if you did take a look the last couple of days in the electronic stores. I was in one Bestbuy and two Futureshops this week browsing and there are a couple returned 4 Shot headsets getting sold as OPEN-BOX items. You can't even get a Turtle Beach because XBOX ONE users returning the 4 Shots in exchange with the Turtle Beach headsets.

And I am not pointing out the fact that online reviews saying that the Turtle Beach XO7 and XO4 have a better sound.

The comment from COOJOE saying we did..... this and that.... sounds like a 15 year old one telling the teacher why he hasn't done his homework. Sorry! That is not enough as you can see in the reviews of the POLK 4 SHOT.

That's my last post for now.
    If POLK would be the nice Company they and you say, they had made a statement before the release date and not after the bad reviews and complains of the customers did come in!
  • sframsden3
    edited April 2014
    I found an open box XO Four on mar 7th, don't tell me they can't be found. If you want a picture of it with the sticker let me know, I'm more than happy to prove it.

Also, doing a search for open box Polk's on best buy's website at all stores within 25 miles of me comes up empty, however I can't say the same when I do a search for turtle beach.
  • Sacrinis
    Sacrinis Posts: 41
    edited April 2014
    Best Buy isnt carrying them thats why.. Gamestop hardly is either. Turtle Beach has been around forever and they have alot of supporters as far as stores are concerned.