WTB Bass Brace for 2.3tl

Options
TravisMan
TravisMan Posts: 11
edited July 2004 in 2 Channel Audio
I am very interested in a bass brace for my 2.3tl's. If anyone would like to sell a pair, I would appreciate a pair.

Travis:D
Post edited by TravisMan on

Comments

• hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited June 2004
    Options
    you may get lucky finding one, but building one yourself would be easy
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited June 2004
    Options
    I'll sell you mine. I decided I move my speakers around too much to use them. They come with all necessary hardware as well.
    $40 which includes shipping.

madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited June 2004
    Options
    What exactly do the braces do and how do they do it?

Would I benefit from using them w/ some 2B's?

Cause if I could, I think I'd like to build them.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Max - I'm interested in the braces if Travisman is not.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,787
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Madmax,

Those braces don't look like mine. Did you make those?

Amulford,

The bass brace takes the place of spikes. You could make it work with the 2B's, but you'd have to drill a hole in the back near the top (about level with the tweeter) and screw in a threaded insert. Be careful not to hit anything inside when drilling and if you're not using the brace you need to place a screw or bolt in the hole to seal the cabinet again. You use a threaded rod screwed into the back of the speaker, the other end is screwed into the wall plate. You then use wing nuts to tighten the rod at each end.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• madmax
    edited June 2004
    Options
    The bass braces hold a threaded rod which threads into a nut on the back of 1.2's and 2.3's. It holds them still to clean up the midrange and upper bass. They are so tall all those drivers actually move the top of the speaker enough to cause muddiness. They could benifit the 2b's by the slightest amount but I'm not sure if you would hear it or not. I'm going to mod my 1C's one day if I ever feel like leaving them in the same place.

Doro, they are yours if travisman doesn't reply by tomorrow.

madmax

• madmax
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Originally posted by F1nut
    Madmax,

Those braces don't look like mine. Did you make those?

Yes, I made them. They actually look better in person than they did in the pic.

madmax

• F1nut
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Hey, they look great! I was just wondering.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• madmax
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Everything went right when I did these. A little planning goes a long way. :D
    madmax

• TravisMan
    TravisMan Posts: 11
    edited June 2004
    Options
    Thanks MadMax...Please send me a private mail to tell me how to contact you and to arrange payment method.

Travis
  • madmax
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Travis,
    I sent you the tracking number but the email came back undeliverable?? I just sent it again. The braces are on their way. The expected delivery date is Tuesday July 6.
    Enjoy!
    madmax

• madmax
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Travis,
    Still no luck with the email address. I hope you are happy with the braces.
    madmax

• Phil Dawson
    Phil Dawson Posts: 288
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Is the idea that the brace is screwed into the wall and then the rod attaches the speaker to the brace? How long should the rod be? I have a pair of 1.2s and 2.3 (for surround) and would like to do the brace thing or aquire spikes for the 4 speakers if that would work as well.
    Thanks, Phil
  • F1nut
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Phil,

Yes, that is the idea. The rod is about 18 or 19 inches long. IMO, either spikes or brace accomplish the same thing.

President of Club Polk

• madmax
    edited July 2004
    Options
    If you look at Home Depot or other home improvement center you can find 3/8" threaded rod (I think), nuts that pound into a piece of wood, oak wood, stain and some finger nuts to make the complete assembly for about $40. Easy DIY project or next time I make some I can PM you and see if you are still interested in some.
    madmax

• Phil Dawson
    Phil Dawson Posts: 288
    edited July 2004
    Options
    Thanks for the offer. Please let me know if you do make some more. I'm also interested in spikes as I'm going to be moving in a year or so and they might be an easier short term solution.
    Thanks much.
    Phil